AK on Ace-high board

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I was playing tourney, opened for 3 times the big blind (blinds were 200/400 and 25 ante) from the button and sb called. Flop was Ac6d7c. SB lead out for 6 000 and i moved allin for all my chips (16k). He had a set of sixes, so i was done. I want to ask u if it was a proper play, because he bet almost twice the pot on the flop, was it ok to go broke?
      I really feel bad, because i played well whole tournament, was amongst the chipleaders and got busted holding just top pair.. :(

edit: oops, i see i posted this into bad section. I apologize for that.
  • 3 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      I was playing tourney, opened for 3 times the big blind (blinds were 200/400 and 25 ante) from the button and sb called. Flop was Ac6d7c. SB lead out for 6 000 and i moved allin for all my chips (16k). He had a set of sixes, so i was done. I want to ask u if it was a proper play, because he bet almost twice the pot on the flop, was it ok to go broke?
      I really feel bad, because i played well whole tournament, was amongst the chipleaders and got busted holding just top pair.. :(

edit: oops, i see i posted this into bad section. I apologize for that.
      Personally I would have just called but all of my chips would have gone in eventually. It's read dependant though... If I had reads that villain was tight and only overbet with mahoosive hands then obviously this is an easy fold. With no reads and assuming that villain is a donk-tard then yep, chips going in one way or the other.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      He was a new player at the table and was the chip leader.. so i though that he was just bullying smaller stacks. He lead out for 6k, which was a big part of my stack, so pushing allin was making sense for me atm. But as the turn was a 8c (three to a flush and to a straight), i would probably fold if he shoved...
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey there,

in general you have 40 Big Blinds and you have an ~8-9 BB Pot on the flop where you hit a pair of aces top kicker.

Without any read on SB I would go broke as well. If you are not willing to play AK on that board you would have to fold almost any hand.
      At the end of the day you must get the chips somehow. This was a very good spot to do so.

I would say: Well played!

Cheers,
      Tobias