I'm so f@#$ tired of this TOTAL chaos in the micros!!!

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      God damn it, people....

Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like that. It's so incredible how other people's lack of skill can really stuck you sometimes. I've been playing on micro-stakes for a while and I'm getting really pissed off with so many bad beats due to some donk's luck by the river.

I just can't c-bet with AK and make someone else fold, you know why? Because there is a mother@#!$@# donk who cold-called me with J4o, hit bottom pair and won't get away from it.

Of course, and I tell this to myself ALL the time, "these guys are profitable when you do hit something and they just keep calling your value bets", but damn............. I've been losing a lot of money due to this kind of bad beat.

Basically, you can't put anybody on a hand in the micros. You raise with QQ UTG? There is a K on the flop? Feel bad, because the donk can have cold-called you with K3 suited is now he is actually ahead.

I don't know... the fact is that I've been studying a lot this game and I'm trying to make my way to the high-stakes, but my advancement is really getting compromised by the amounts I lose in these situations.

It looks non-sense what I'm about to say, but that's how I feel: mid-stakes seems easier than NL2 sometimes, in terms of making profits. I watch all those session reviews and join coachings... mid-stakes players seem so more logical and predictable than those insane people on the micros. You can actually put them on something and identify patterns, once they've already got some experience, and profit can be consistently made this way...

Playing a flop in the micros is just like walking on a minefield. That's how I feel. From now on I'm think of playing less than ABC poker... I think I have to play hit-poker.... see a flop, hit at least top-pair and decent kicker and then proceed... otherwise, fold right away.

Now... somebody say something, before I go nuts with this thing. :s_confused:
  • 23 replies
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      in nl2 you need just play abc poker. And also you overplay AK if someone wins with pair of 4
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      check your signature again :D
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      check your signature again :D
      Ah... I think I've been a bit tilty lately. :s_mad:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      every limit has its challenge. i for one climbed from nl2. it is a limit where your graph can just constantly go up and up. what so difficult about value bet value bet value bet?? maybe u wanna invest in a hud, at least it helped me differentiate fish from the ok players. good luck dont give up!
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      every limit has its challenge. i for one climbed from nl2. it is a limit where your graph can just constantly go up and up. what so difficult about value bet value bet value bet?? maybe u wanna invest in a hud, at least it helped me differentiate fish from the ok players. good luck dont give up!
      So it means that trying to bluff and semi-bluff is mostly unprofitable, right? People won't lay down if they have any piece of the board whatsoever.

Maybe in this level all we have to do is value bet, instead of going on as if we were playing on High Stakes Poker. :s_biggrin:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      yes. Fishes dont know what is relative hand strength. they just look at their hand and go " i got a pair, i'm going to call all the way"
      of cos they can occasionally turn up with the nuts but our hand will be good so often, it justifies our action in the long run. try it and see how it goes! gd luck!
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      #1: Understand and accept the realities of poker.
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      at micros play at least 8 tables, and play only AA, KK, QQ, AK, and small pockets (never open raise, limp call)....if You hit play strong as hell, if A shoves up, and You hold KK,QQ, etc, be ready to fold if they fight back. Believe me these stakes are too easy, but boring as hell. GL
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cvora
      at micros play at least 8 tables, and play only AA, KK, QQ, AK, and small pockets (never open raise, limp call)....if You hit play strong as hell, if A shoves up, and You hold KK,QQ, etc, be ready to fold if they fight back. Believe me these stakes are too easy, but boring as hell. GL
      This :f_thumbsup:

Good job sir, well explained :f_cool:
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      you limp with AA?
    • jormateras
      jormateras
      Bronze
      I think he means raise with all the hands he plays with but limp the small pairs
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I know your pain but advice given here already is spot on - Only play pairs, don't go broke with AK apart from against donk tard pre flop and only call a river shove if you have a set or better (obviously this is against unknowns).

Play lots of tables and straight forward game, no bluffing.

Last night I got absolutely mullered at nl2 sh lol I am running like 8 stacks below ev just from last night and each time I got my money in ahead and each time I got sucked out on but in the end this is good because it means all of those plays were profitable long term and that is all that matters :)
    • Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      I struggle playing the micros, espescially cash games which are terrible. I think you need to limp more, concentrate on stacking the monkeys, be patient enough to wait for bigger hands and getting their entire stack. I limp alot then see what happens, its not limit poker you have to be thinking about the implied odds. Well thats what Im reading about, waiting to hit your trips ect, then using the chasing nature of weak players to make big profit.

Be wary as well of people who act like monkeys pre flop, but are hard players to beat.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      if a hand is good enough to limp with then its even better to raise with it

chris ferguson said this... not me
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      wow guys, i see all of you have read the articles, watched videos and all that stuff.

i'm really impressed tbh :f_cool:

btw: now i know how fish think :f_love:
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      no money at micros only total chaos
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well micros can be annoying, especially 6max cash games. Its better to play more FR games, wait for your hands, then stack the fish. You got people there playing 80VPIP so its not really hard to play vs them. Most of those fish never fold anything therefor just bet when you hit. If you got KK on A high board and you get action chances are his got an ace so you can easily fold. I noticed on the micros people cant fold QQ KK even when A shows up on the flop. Only hands you can think about limping is small PP, so you can still call a raise, and hopefully you get a multiway pot and when there are 5 fishes in the pot and you have a set you're stacking off like 90% of the time.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      This x100. My hud is the best investment of my life. They make the player very predictable. And somebody with a VPIP of 80% is obviously somebody you cant cbet unless you hit something, he's just going to call you if he hits anything on that flop.

But don'T worry I feel your pain : Aces getting cracked all the times by 84o because they called 6x BB raise ^^

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Lol at people say only play AA KK QQ and AK... You'll lose money that way for sure.

NL5 - 8 Tables - Each round costs 0.56 to play in blinds.

Odds of getting dealt QQ or higher or AK is only 2.56%.

Okay you can times that by 8 if you are playing 8 tables, but it's still 2.56% per table, and you are not going to win everytime with these hands. Just stick to the starting hands chart if you are unsure, only playing 4 hands is an almost pathetic approach, that will lose you money.

Even the SSS strategy is looser than this.

Still laughing at only playing 4 hands.

So at micros you get a few bad beats, if you are playing playing properly you should still work your way into profit and stay there. These are the limits where you should be honing your reading skills, not playing as few hands as possible.
      If anything you should open your range wider than the starting hands chart, but this would require you to be able to put you opponents on a hand range, play well post flop, have good pot control, put bluffing out of your head (unless you are playing a reg who you have a good knowledge of), be able to lay down semi-decent hands and have a good knowledge of the game or at least a half-decent one.

There's no point calling down someone (or betting into someone) with an 80% VPIP when you only have a mediocre hand because as the stats suggest, he'll just call you.

OP how many hand have you played at this limit?