[NL2-NL10] NL 5 RUSH combo draw

• jhustincase
      no reads! whats the best way i should have played this hand? raise flop raise turn get in as fast as posible ....?! or pasive line till river....thx
      PS: i m such a nab at rush :D

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 8.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 6, 3, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.41, Hero calls $0.41.

Turn: ($1.23) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.95, Hero raises to $2.25, MP3 raises to $4.42, Hero calls $1.82.

River: ($9.72) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.72.
  • 3 replies
    • chuongdk
      IMO, raise for value on flop, you have monster draw
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well, I think the best way to play it at micro-stakes would just be to shove on him actually.

It's quite likely he has some decent hand when he c-bets pot on that board so you probably don't have much fold equity with a normal raise his range, which means you'll end up getting jammed on a lot and you'll be the one forced to call it off.

If you shove yourself, you actually might get a chance at getting him off better big flushdraws and some overpairs, which people won't fold to a normal raise. Since your hand is so strong, you don't mind seeing the board roll off you'll win more than half the time, and at the same time if he just folds right there you're fine with it as well, since you have 8-high for time being.

Hope it helps.
    • jhustincase
      thx really helps always i have trouble with such hands!