[DONE] Elephant not importing hands since update

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm rather confused after reading everything around here and trying everything I read. It's frustrating that I updated from 0.69.xxx.x.x..x.x.x..... to the latest 0.86.x.x.x.x.xxx.x.x.x.x.x.... only to find that I can't use the Elephant anymore.

I read things about the problem being with the Everest HUD and the Everest software, with the PostreSQL....all sorts of stuff.

The way I upgraded was I downloaded the installation file from the PS site, and run it. Then all seemed fine, I had all my old hand histories but it turned out I couldn't add any new hands to the database. I tried uninstalling the elephant, creating a new database, uninstalling Postgre SQL and installing it again (from the Elephant folder as I read I should do). I tried to find my old 0.69 version but couldn't... During the trial of all that, I've experienced all the errors I've read about on the forums. I am now clueless about what to do :/

The way I uninstall Postgre is from the Add/remove programs in the Control Panel. I use Windows 7.

Also, I notice sometimes, regardless of what I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I have my old hand histories in the Elephant when I open it, so I guess I'm not fully uninstalling Postgre, but I can't find a "complete uninstallation" guide for win7 on the forums.

Please if anyone has had the same problem and solved it, help out :)
      I have all my hand histories from Everest saved in a file so it's no problem to delete databases, uninstall Postgre and all that. Just tell me how to delete everything and start over so the Elephant works :)

• 5 replies
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please don't touch your Postgresql installation - Nothing has changed there from 0.69 to 0.86.

What exactly is the problem? Do you get any error messages?

Ciao
      Michael
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Hello Michael,

The problem is that I can't import any new hands into the database. I create a new one and the same thing happens. No error messages. It's as if the hands do import, but there is no info about them, anywhere (not in the overview, hands, analysis, beginner tab, nowhere). If I import the same history files, it says that they are all duplicates and nothing in the tabs changes. It's like the hands are imported but they can't be viewed by the elephant, I don't know. But no messages, whatsoever.

Also, after "reinstalling" Postgre (after uninstalling it from the add/remove programs from the control panel) and the elephant (the same way), I had a database active in the new installation of the elephant and postgre called "elephantdb" and when I tried to create a new one with the name of my old one, I got a message saying that this database already existed and it needn't be created, after I clicked "OK" it appeared in the selection of databases pop-up window (it wasn't there before that). And all my hands are in the "elephandb" DB, not in the one which I had created when I first installed Elephant 0.69.x..x..x.xxx.

I think I should say I play on Everest Poker and all hands are from there, I read somewhere that you were having problems with this poker room so this might be the only problem. I have no other accounts anywhere else right now, otherwise I would have tried to import other hands.

Thank you for your attention and hopefully help :)
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please don't play around with the database when some hands don't show up - you may make thinks worse.

The reason is Everest: There is a bug in the old everest parser which was fixed some days ago. Please wait for the new 0.87 from our Elephant Developer Blog which will be release rougly around the end of next week. Then create a new database from within the Elephant (or clean the existing one) and reimport all your everest hands and they will show up again.

I am sorry that you have to wait so long but we are in the middle of some changes so we cant release the version before the end of the sprint.

Ciao
      Michael
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I understand, thank you for you help.

Good luck with the development! :f_thumbsup:
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

We have released the new 0.87 with the everest fix last week: Elephant Developer Blog.

Ciao
      Michael