[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AK 3betpot

• Huseens
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) 2, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.82) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($1.82) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $4.10, MP3 calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $10.02.

If he doesn't have a king on flop he is just folding, I was hoping that he will 2nd barrel here and wanted to c/r turn. But what about river? I think he is raising KQ,KJ maybe even QQ/JJ/TT? And I think many worse hands will call. Not correct?
  • 2 replies
    • tcs35
      Hello Huseens,

I think your post-flop play here was really horrible. How you played this hand you put yourself into a really tough spot on the river where as if you just played it straight forward you would have had an easier decision on later streets. As played I would just fold to the raise on the river.

You should really bet just bet, bet, bet in a pot like this and hope he calls with worse Kings and worse pairs.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,
    • Kaitz20
      since board is that dry I don´t mind how you played it.
      I would likely bet/bet/shove, but I think other lines are also possible
      Like: c/min-raise, betting small turn, shoving river. this way he can take stabb with worse hands and if he has Kx you end up having anyway his money
      Line that you took would also likely get two streets of value. Not sure if you should shove river, since I think he has there often hand that has you beat, smt like 88 or slowplayed set or pure bluff that isn´t going to call shove.
      So I would prefer b/c river
      Line: c/c flop, betting turn and shoving river is also ok. It is confusing and I think Kx would´t fold there also