[NL2-NL10] Nl2 AA

• stevegold87
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2.09)
      MP3 ($2)
      CO ($1.95)
      Hero (Button) ($1.17)
      SB ($0.65)
      BB ($1.59)
      UTG ($2.23)
      UTG+1 ($2.41)
      MP1 ($6.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.10, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.23) 10, Q, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.69) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.84 (All-In), BB calls $0.78

River: ($2.37) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.37 | Rake: $0.15

Just need a confidence boost and people to tell me I played this right :D lol
  • 4 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      depending on how much of a fish villain is, i dunno how much i like the turn shove... all we can beat here is Tx or FD/SD...

even tho turn bet is small (which makes it feel like a weak player who has a Q, and doesn't know any other way to get your money in than a small bet), i think i prefer call turn and evaluate river...
    • stevegold87
      Ok just wanted to tell how I thought :

Villain called 5X BB so I would assume the best hand villain could is QQ or AQ. It is true that when you think about this hand I don't think I should of push, maybe I got confused by the tiny bet on the turn which made me push without really thinking. I biite like a newbie fish!

There's basically no hands I could beat exept KK or JJ or Tx as you said. I had the ace of diamond I should of realized that too.

Urg, that's why I am here to learn.
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's nl5, villain just looks terribad, him calling a big raise preflop doesn't mean anything except that he has a hand he finds pretty. He'll probably call that with a bunch of Qx hands especially suited, and you'll see him show up with big pairs as well sometimes just because some of them never ever raise.

On the turn I prefer to look at it his way: there is no way we're folding with about one pot-size bet left against that guy when he could very well be drawing and/or blockbet/call it off with Tx, thus we just need to maximize value against worse hands while accepting that we're sometimes in bad shape. Calling makes very little sense, I like your jam. NH.

Hope it helps.
    • stevegold87
      Thank you for the advice :)