SB ($50) (22/11 56 hands)
      BB ($141)
      UTG ($53.30)
      CO ($77.25) (47/21 fish)
      Hero ($50.50)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:spade:

fold, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($5) Q:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart:

SB checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $4.25, SB raises to $10.50, CO folds, Hero calls $6.25

TURN ($27) Q:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart: 2:heart:

SB bets $14, Hero raises to $38.50 (AI)

On the flop I put sb on Qx or 77. I wanted him to commit himself with weaker Q. If he has 77 he has my stack anyway. Problem is the possible flush draw, but I don't expect him to re-raise me with that. Is it better to get it in on the flop, or slowplay it like I did?
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII

I'd 3-bet KQs ip against that CO-Raiser. He can't do really much oop.
      When you flop the quasi nuts please raise to 5,5-6,5$ for value AND protection. When getting ch/min3-betted by a fish, I would have a bad feeling but he could do that with a flushdraw, 99, A7, Qx or random crap.
      Unfortunately you write nothing about the fish's aggression. I'd go broke on flop I guess because of flushdraw. Fish like to play it even on paired board.
      As played it's tough on turn when he bets half pot because in my experience it's the fish valuebet. But he still can have Q9o.
      So no way I'd fold this => nh.

What did he have, if seen?

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      If you don´t want to play stacks postflop with KQs then call is also fine, but it is easier to play your hand if you 3-bet pf and take initiative
      after sb cold 3-bet I think he has there mostly Qx, sometimes also A high flushdraw, so I would prefer shoving on the flop or making it to 20$, since likely he isn´t going to fold if you put all the money all-in on the flop and better do that when scary card would come on the turn
    • Homart
      Thanks, he had A4s and made a flush on the turn.