The Donk Poker Factbook - Part II

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Guys... As I promissed in the last tread, previoulsy named "The Murphy Book of Poker", here goes the compilation of the best rules people have posted for us. I found it better to change the name of the tread because the content of the list didn't end up exactly like a murphy list, but instead like a list of facts and situations that happen to us when playing against donks and fishes.

I tried my best to pick just the more relevant replies from our friends, but I have to admit that it was a one man only judgement. Thus, if you find some nice reply that I could have missed on the other tread, just post it again and we can reconsider it. :s_cool:

The objective now is to reach a list of AT LEAST 200 facts until... ah... the end of the year!? Maybe it's possible.

I'll do my best to keep the list updated once a month, ok? :s_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Here goes the list!!!

1. You will not hit when calling a min3bet.

2. Whenever you open OOP with PP <AA overcards will apear on the flop and villain will have at least one of them.

3. Thou will NOT call UTG limp raises.

4. If you have pocket kings and get your reraise called, you will have an ace on the flop.

5. If three of a suit appear on the board, villain has one, will chase it to the end, and hit just over 80% of the time.

6. The longer you go without AA the higher the probability that everyone will fold to you when you finally get it on the BB.

7. If only one out can bust you on the river, it will.

8. Getting AA on the Button the first hand back after a break when the bubble is about to burst leads to a suckout and an exit from the tournament.

9. Whenever you chase your Ace high flush and hit it, as long as there is one+ donk in the pot and the board is paired, you can already give up the pot. The chances of the donk have filled the house with your flush card are just too great. Be wise.

10. If you hit an oesfd on the flop and call a bet - you will hit your straight or flush on the turn but villain will always have a higher flush by the river.

11. the stronger your made hand on the flop and the worse the opponent, the higher the chance they will hit runner runner for an even better hand.

12. the amount of time it takes to accumulate X buy-ins is inversely proportional to the time it takes to lose it all.

13. A fish will happily stack off against other players at the table with bottom pair, when you confront him he will have top set or better.

14. Whenever you raise with pocket pairs pre-flop and a fish just calls, any overcard that comes in the flop will pair with him. If you have pocket AA and an Ace does'nt come on the flop, he'll have hit a set or two pair.

15. Your skill level is inversely proportional to the chance of sucessfully shoving a flush draw on the flop and actually hitting it by the river (just like donks do).

16. Everytime you try to slowplay aces, a player with A-something is gonna make trips on the turn.

17. The hand that is statistically the least profitable for you is the hand that other players will win the most money on you with.

18. When you have KK vs AA, you have two outs to win.

19. When your opponent has KK vs AA, two outs is the nutz.

20. Everytime you flop top two with AK, there's always a donk who has/will make a straight.

21. Everytime you call a raise with suited connectors, you'll miss. Everytime a donk calls a raise with suited connectors, he'll make a straight/flush.

22. Whenever you multitable, your hand on one table always matches perfectly with flop on the other table.

23. When 2 hands of AA lost in the same day - fold the 3rd AA and send the biggest dunk on table half stack . (+Ev in long run).

24. The primary beneficiary of a hero raise on a limped pot with a random number of donks is always the one donk who donk bets first.

25. When you realise that you just don't have the odds to call for set value, the set hits.

Contributions for this list were made by: ihufa, sabo999, EmanuelC16, themagpiespg, Darkzzz, hackbinder, MrMardyBum, Wriggers, monkey0nfire, noclaninator, gavinonymous, HollyMichelle, kocke1, Ultifanatic, go6071, taavi1337, METALzx, gadget51, Genkidesuka, gordy1957, delete461, Styr, Jkob, Tampaloeres81, Alficor1, lordnex, advola, dadaas, conall88, aciddrop, Berzerger, goldchess.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Lol, Funny and good post. Playing at the micros myself like you are and see most of this happen on a daily basis. If not to me to another reg.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i hate this thread
      where is the positive thinking people??
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      i hate this thread
      where is the positive thinking people??
      It's a bit of fun, that also happens to be true in a lot of places... Lighten up.