Pizza Dough Promotion

• FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      Hi

Since i wasn't very successful with poker last month I decided I need to set new poker-non-related goals so I can clear my mind and get a new motivation for learning poker.
      I've got few ideas and here is the winner. My first goal is to find the best pizza recipe ever. I hope this is the right place where i can start my research. This is a big community so I hope there is someone who can help me to find out what is the original (or the best) recipe for a pizza dough and what is the best combination of ingredients you can put on it.
      Any recipes and ideas are welcome.:) I hope I will get pretty decent sample of recipes from all over the world so I can choose one as my favourite, so don't be shy and post your recipes.:) I want to ensure that I will collect more than 2 or 3 recipes so here is your motivation - the winner will get a picture of sunshine!

• 14 replies
    • Seul1990
      Seul1990
      Bronze
      Hey there , i found on some italian site some good pizza dough and u should try it ...

Ingredients

By Volume
      4 cups flour
      1 ½ cups, plus 2 TBL water
      2 tsp salt
      1/2 tsp dry active yeast

By Weight
      500gr flour
      325gr water
      10gr salt
      3gr active dry yeast

mix it good and w8 for 30 mins. cover it with some cotton rag and w8 until the dough is grown up enogh to make samo pizza...

this is best dough so far... i wish u gl

and one more thing take some olive oil when u finish ur mixing and just put some on dough before puting rag on it. and keep it on hot place..

gl :)
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      I just finished eating the pizza I cooked it was the best I had like ever.

recipe is like:

Dough:

Put 3dkg yeast into 2 dl warm milk add 1 ts salt, 1 ts sugar, like 5dkg flour to this milk. Wait like 10 mins or when it's almost moving ( :f_biggrin: ) put this mixture into ~50dkg flour also add like 2 ts olive oil (make a hole in the middle of flour) work this with your hands add some water if it's too dry at the start, then continously add some flour until it becomes solid (like not falling apart, not sticking to your hands). Put it into a bowl and place a dish-towel to its top and place this bowl in some dry, warm place. Wait 15-20 mins. Take some flour below the dough on the table and stretch it with rolling-pin or beer(wine is better tho) or redbull to make it big and thin enough to fit the pan and you make it thin like 2 papers thin or w/e you like.

Sauce:

Put 2 cans of (little cans, if bigger cans like 200ml+ 1 is enough) tomato (which is compressed or dunno' how it's called there) into a cooking pot start heating (and boiling it) add 2 ts oregano, 2 ts basil, 1 ts salt, 1 ts pepper, 2-3 ts pizza spice mix and cook like for 2-3 mins (after boiling).

Cooking:

Pre-heat the oven.
      Cover the bottom of the oven pan with flour (thin).
      Put the dough into the oven pan and put the sauce on the top, make the sauce to cover somewhat the dough but not the edges. Get a brush and dip it into olive oil then brush the edges. Put the ingredients (I usually put sliced hams and a can of corn then I grater/rasp like 20dkg cheese on the top and some oregano) on the dough and cook it for 15-20 mins if the dough is thin, 20-25 if it's thicker.

Bon Appetit!

p.s.: my cooking English is terrible so just replace the words with the closest thing you think :)
    • cglscgls
      cglscgls
      Bronze
      i think it helps to activate the yeast
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      As far as I know, the secret to the best pizza dough is to let it rest for a really long time... I'd say 2 hours minimum, 12+ for best results. It is a long time but you can just make it in the evening and have it for lunch next day. It's super delicious from my experience :) .
    • cglscgls
      cglscgls
      Bronze
      i think they call it letting it proof??
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Not really sure if this will help but my girlfriend is italian and she cooks lovely pizzas.
      All I know is that she let the dough rest for 1 hour in, as you said Metal, some dry, warm place and also in the full darkness...
      Looks like the darkness is important because I can not even enter into the room...

Hope this helps.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I think they call it Dominos?
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I think they call it Dominos?
      nooooo. papa johns every time
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      thanks for your replies...pretty good ideas so far ... I think I could make a pizza dough successfully now... and I've never heard about boiling a tomato sauce or letting a doug rest for such a long time before so your replies were really helpful...
      so the very first part of my Pizza mission is accomplished... now I need to find out which is the best sauce and which is the best mix of ingredients you can put on pizza...please, post your favourite combinations... I prefer ingerdients you can buy in average central european market so no prawns, no wild yak cheese, no caviar, no blood of unicorn etc. just normal food you usally put on pizza or something you like the most in pizzeria... if you like something exotical you may post it and I'll try it next time I see the ingredients in the market however I'm planning to finish whole mission on Friday when I'll make two best pizzas from here so probably I won't have enough time to get octopus or so...
      hope someone will help :) ...thanks
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Thanks guys for my diet which now ended.
      I think I MUST have a pizza NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      since nobody have added new posts so far I'm gonna try METALzx's and Seol1990's recipes tomorrow... hope I won't screw anything

feel free to add your favourite pizza...
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Pics or it didn't happen!:)
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      I runned beta testing on Friday and found out I need a lot of practice to make my pizza eatable. The dough was hard like stone so I couldn't eat it properly so I guess I made something wrong :D . Also the taste of the sauce reminded me my kindergarten canteen (too much garlic?) which means I need to run more beta tests before I publish some pics or something... next try next week :D
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      That is what is fun, show us the first versions!! ;)