fair swap??

• 5 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Joe Cole to Liverpool is potentially the best transfer of the season in the Premier League. Hopefully he won't have any more injury problems. The biggest drawback are his wages (from what I've read noone was willing to give JC the same pay as L'pool did), the fact he didn't play too many games last season and didn't really feature that much for England at the WC. Worst case scenario: JC and Fernando Torres both end up sitting out over half the season due to injuries ... could happen. Best case scenario: FT becomes top scorer in the PL, with JC and Steven Gerrard topping the assists list (as a through and through Liverpool fan I'm hoping for the best case obv :D ).

As for Yossi Benayoun, as far as I've read the deal was done well before Rafa Benitez left. YB played some really good games for L'pool over the years and it's beyond me why Rafa used him so scarcely. RB not using and (supposedly) bad relations between them played a big role in his leaving and I think I've read somewhere he wouldn't have left if he knew RB would be gone before the next season started. YB can bring a lot to Chelsea and I believe he'll prove himself as a very decent purchase.

All in all, the nuts for Liverpool and TPTK for Chelsea :P
    • cglscgls
      cglscgls
      Bronze
      i refuse to buy this season cole shirt for bf untill the owners sell
      hope that will be soon
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I doubt Liverpool will be sold this season. The current owners' valuation is way too high and the debts are mounting meaning noone will be jumping at the chance to buy. I think it'll take at least till January for something to happen but after the 2010/11 season seems a far more realistic moment for a new owner to come in.
    • RooneyUtd
      RooneyUtd
      Bronze
      Joe Cole or Not, Liverpool won't improve much in the standings.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Neither will ManU ... in fact they're to be the next to fall out of the Champions League. Fergie's delusional trust in Berbatov, Nani and Anderson shall cost him dearly next year. Though I'm not sure, which I'd rather have if I was a club, a new stadium or a mountain of a debt, Utd are likely to be hit way harder by the American ownership than Liverpool was. The glory days at Trafford are over.