Suggestion:Please add txt-file format for HH from iPoker into Parser.

• stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Hi all.
      As you know iPoker use XML as primary file format for HH. Any poer software have 1 problem with this files: If server down or you lost Internet connection you always lost last hand from HH. If you update the file with such HH then iPoker server change file format & save this file as unstructured(all XML files in 1 line). Also players such pormlem if they reinstall iPoker client & resave old HH in XML-files. They lost old HH when they uninstall poker client. Players may solve this problem if they request this file in TXT format, but as I know Elephant doesn`t support this HH format from iPoker.
      So could you add txt-file format into iPoker parser?

Best regards
      Stanislav
  • 2 replies
    • PS.Markus
      PS.Markus
      Bronze
      Hi stanisluv,

to be completely honest, I don't really understand what the problem is.

If there are connection problems, the current hand will be lost in both formats, since we do not parse incomplete hands.

As for the backup: why don't they simply backup their regular XML hand histories?

Even if the file is missing the line breaks it should still be parseable.

At the moment I don't see the need for this. Can you elaborate please?

Cheers,
      M.
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Hi Markus,
      First of all thanks for answer.
      So
      1) You`re wrong when you say that:
      the current hand will be lost in both formats, since we do not parse incomplete hands

If you request the session history you`ll get full info for that hands. I teste this on Ipoker & Poker Stars.

2) I have one scenario which can explain why Elephant should support txt-format:
      I`m a new member of PokerStrategy. I play NL on Titan poker but don`t use PS Elephant. Finally I install PS Elephant & try to import my current HH but I always get error mssage. I go to the forum & there I finally understand why Elephant couldn`t import my HH. I should use English poker client but I use French poker client.
      So now I should reinstall my poker client if I want use Elephant in future.
      What should I do with current HH? I have only 3 ways:
      1.Forget.
      2.When I reinstall Titen Poker I can request HH files from poker client but this doesn`t help because new files have another structure.
      3. I also can request my HH in txt-files but this couldn`t help me too.

So as you see I can only forget about my current HH. There is no problem If i lost 1-2k hands but what to do if I lost 10-20k?

Here you can find three files: http://drop.io/h0tjcrd
      If you compare 2 XML-files you`ll see what I mean when I said that files have different structure.