$15.92
      BU (Hero):
      $10.05
      SB:
      $11.17
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 9, Q, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $9.75, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

villain bet every pot (donk/cbet) to 0.3$; called raise on flop w TPnokicker, shove river w traight on board (100BB to 26BB pot)

call his 3bet on flop and call down to river? or get it in on flop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's a feel thing really. Since you saw him donk/call A-high before he's probably got either complete air ( we want to just call ) or a pair that he's not gonna fold ( we want to get the money in right on the flop) when he donk/3bets instead, but there is no way to tell which it is unless he hinted at playing "big hands" with a check/call or check/raise instead.

Either line is fine the first time around. It's dicey but given the board I'd probably call the flop, the reason behind I still think he'd probably donk/call draws, so I'm not that worried about that and it's very easy for him on that board to hit some kind of pair+draw hand on the turn if he had a piece to begin with, so I'd like to give him a chance to both bluff at me again and catch some piece that he can't ever let go of.

Hope it helps.