Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.75
      Hero:
      $4.95

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.78 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, SB raises to $0.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.35) 4:diamond: , 7:spade: , J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.89, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $4.10 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.35

:s_o: what? it wasn't me :s_mad:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd fold preflop, I doubt people are 3-betting SBvsUTG2 with worse hands than AJs at nl5 and since you'll have no idea what to expect postflop with it being rush it'll just lead to tough situations for you, quite possibly not even profitable ones.

Since you're in position with a hand capable of making the nuts and outdrawing everything it's obviously fine to call, but if you notice you usually end up going broke with dominated pairs and it makes the whole play unprofitable for you, just don't.

On the flop I'd call the c-bet and expect most players to just shutdown on a blank if they don't have QQ+ or a huge draw, so I don't mind letting go of TPTK on the turn, it's a bluff-catcher against the range of what looks to be some reg-ish guy.

As played you have to call that off, it's just straight up +ev for you getting those odds even if he always shows up with QQ+ with only a few big draws hands.

Hope it helps.