just can't get that first big mtt win

• Murdoch25
      Murdoch25
      Bronze
      Hi guys and girls, just looking for some advice on what i could maybe do different.

i make it to the later stages of mtt's and get in the money quite often on microstakes but just can't seem to get to in on the bigger cashes or win.
      you can check my results on officialpokerrankings.com under same name at pokerstars and fulltilt

any feedback would be greatly appreciated
  • 3 replies
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Same story for me. Really seems there is nothing to do but keep playing and wait for your turn at luck. For some it's their first tourney for other, like us their 1000th maybe. I guess as long as you're not losing money you're doing fine, since sooner or later you will get a good cash. Also try playing some with smaller fields. Tourneys with 1000+ players are really tough to final table in. Too many fish you have to dodge.

Keep playing your A game every tourney and someday the result will come. Do play some SNG to get some final table experience or you won't know what to do if you do get deep into a tourney.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      two things will help you a lot:

1) shallow stack pushbot ranges

[GUIDE] Essential reading for new players

pdf is there. read it and make use, and be happy as your MTT game just improved enormously. commit this to memory in my opinion. its godly :D

2) short handed and headsup practice with SnG wizard.

you can get a free trial of SnG wizard from the main website. While this is designed with SnG's in mind, the final table of an MTT is much the same with different prizes going for diff positions and so on. SnG wiz will help you maximise your expectation.

http://www.sngwiz.com/tiki/tiki-index.php

@alenstrat "dodging" fish should never be an issue. be glad they are there. they are your ticket to nice MTT ROI.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Win flips and you win a MTT!