Do you like the new 888poker software?

• Niickyy
      Niickyy
      Bronze
      888poker has released an upgraded version of its client. Read about all the new features here.

Do you like the new software? What is the best new feature? What could be improved?

We are looking forward to your posts!
  • 9 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I have played 888 for 10 months or so and have been playing with the new software for the last 2.

I almost like the new software. There are some excellent new features, particularly the new tournament lobbies and I like the new icons that can be attached to players (fish etc).

I did say "almost" however. Prior to the upgrade I used to play 6-8 cash tables and 2-3 tournaments at the same time with cascaded windows. The tables would "Queue" nicely always allowing me to complete action on one table before another popped up.

Now I find it very difficult and extremely frustrating t play more than 2-3 tables of any type at one time. This is because the tables insist on popping up when my blind is posted, when my pre-selected action is being performed (fold for example), and even when the cards are dealt and I am on the button (not my turn to act). This is even when I have de-selected the "Pop up tables when it is my turn to act" button in the settings menu.

Despite uninstalling and re-installing the software and 6 emails to 888 support - each reply answered by a different person - their best suggestion is to give me a link to download the old version of the software. They seem singularly uninterested in trying to solve the table queueing issue and thus allow me to play a similar volume to previously (3-4K hands per day). I currently struggle to play much on there at all due to this issue.

So overall I have to say I do not like the new software and will not be using it. I have gone from being a loyal, winning player on 888 generating a good volume of rake for them, to someone who is so irritated with the site and the disinterest of their support staff that I will probably be closing my account and moving elsewhere.

I can't be the only player to experience this problem ....... can I?
    • p3rocro
      p3rocro
      Bronze
      It thing is better then old software :D
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Very nice and much better in all the functions. Thank you for it! :heart:
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      I only started playing on 888 this month. Overall the software is easy to use. The table layout is uncluttered and easy to get used to. I've only been playing MTTs so I don't know about other games/features, but the one problem I have with the software at the moment is Hand History during play... you can only look at the previous hand played (?).

On the other hand the Game History feature is great.
    • iec
      iec
      Bronze
      I think, if one plays few tables only (1-2 or so) and doesn't care about the issues Fagin is talking, the software is much better than previous one, also possibility to select a seat finally is nice.

I have to agree about the support, this is really terrible thing.
      Every simple thing takes up to 96 hours and if one gets always response from some different operator who just tries to return the ball with the usual crap, it is depressing and annoying.
      You have to explain the same thing over and over and if it is complicated, it has potential to be delayed and never solved.

But despite all that I won't throw away the site as it has also positive sides and nobody is perfect...
    • RottPete
      RottPete
      Bronze
      A big improvement on the old software :)
    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin

Now I find it very difficult and extremely frustrating t play more than 2-3 tables of any type at one time. This is because the tables insist on popping up when my blind is posted, when my pre-selected action is being performed (fold for example), and even when the cards are dealt and I am on the button (not my turn to act). This is even when I have de-selected the "Pop up tables when it is my turn to act" button in the settings menu.

And the most annoying thing is when you want to write a note, for example, i start to write a note on 1 table and after few secs or even faster there is already another table popping up and my cursor jumps from note window to thats table chatbox and then to another table and so on, so its almost imposible to write a note if you play on many tables.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomzs
      Originally posted by Fagin

And the most annoying thing is when you want to write a note, for example, i start to write a note on 1 table and after few secs or even faster there is already another table popping up and my cursor jumps from note window to thats table chatbox and then to another table and so on, so its almost imposible to write a note if you play on many tables.
      the worst thing is sometimes on completing the note , you press enter , then a screen pops up and defaults selects some option , by pressing enter , instead of completing the note , that default option (be it raise fold or call ) is chosen instead.
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      Why aren't the tournament breaks co-ordinated anymore? They used to be as far as I can recall. At the moment each tournament has it's own break every 55 min. I need my espresso.