This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AK TPTK + Flush Draw

• alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 813878
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $9.90
      BB: $3.44
      Hero (UTG): $5.29
      MP: $4.93
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $6.33

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.60) 3 :heart: T :heart: 5 :heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.90) A :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.65, SB calls $0.45

River: ($2.20) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Both players here were 70VPIP Fish. They usually fold to a re raise on the flop and with the scary looking board (if they don't have a heart) i opted just to call behind to keep in the weaker hands.
      After he bets the turn when the A shows i figure he either has an A or a flush draw. I think he is calling here so i raise to inflate the pot as i think i'm ahead most times here. On the river i just call behind incase he has a flush. I figured if i re raised i'm not going to get called by much that i beat.

Was this the right play?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since your hand is very strong on that board, nut flushdraw and two overcards I´d like raising flop and taking initiative. Also you don´t mind playing there for stacks, since you´re equity is around 40-50% if he shoves on the flop, but consider small lead don´t think it will happen too often
      Like your raise on the turn. he would b/c there with worse hands and I think you can call river. He can b/c there with worse hands, but also he can have there two pair or set or even lower flush that afraid to get broke