Bigniux: Back to 180s!

• Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello, readers :)

At first, i'd want to explain the name of the blog. It's quite strange, but i'm having sleepless night and after two hours i have to be at work :D
      EDIT: (Blog's title changed)

So, a bit about me: I'm 19 years old, born and living in Lithuania (hope, you know where it is :D ). Year ago finished school and now i am a student, studying econometrics (econometrics = maths + statistics + economics + computer-science :) ). Hobbies w/o poker: driving a car (i'd love to be a race driver :) ), music (can't live without it). Not sure what else might be interesting to you, so, i think, this will be enough :)

Poker career:

First touch with poker happened, when i got poker chips set as a Christmas present from my parents. I was looking where i could play it and found no deposit bonuses and also PS.com free starting capital :) wasted ~250$ in total, being a real fish :D and then had a long break from online poker (~11 months). Then, i started playing Baltic Freeroll at Full Tilt Poker (18 paid, 40$ prize pool, ~600-800 players). After some tries, finally, managed to win 2$. And then it begun. For now i'm playing for 5 months, all from those 2$. But since today, i have to admit, that i was still a small fish :) (btw, joining Micro SnGs Study group improved my game). After having a lot of swings (reaching 100$ and dropping to 5$, and again, and again...), i finally came up with decision, that it's time to deposit and start studying hard (it's summer, don't have to study university things :) ). I'll start with quite small BR (~30$) and will concentrate on Turbo SnG's.

That's it for now, will start updating my blog when i'll receive my deposit :)
      Going to finish every blog entry with song name which is currently playing ;)

WMP Playing: Florida - Club Can't Handle Me

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
  • 1079 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      What bad english?

Nice introduction... and timing ;) . Good luck with you goals!

See ya in chat,

Primzi
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Thanks ;)
      About my english: my leak is that i can't make text more interesting to read because of lack of words. A bit difficult to express myself correctly when my head is not working :D

Time for work :)

EDIT: Already advanced a bit with my goals, read 20 pages of a book and re-read two articles :)
      It's strange, but i feel better without sleeping than i feel when i sleep 3-4 hours. And i forgot to mention one thing, songs will be random, cause i'm not creating playlists, simply turning on whole library and shuffle, so some of the stuff might be not the one i like :)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      GL, I had myself a shot at the SNGs and it went ok I guess.

You could always try to find my old SNG blogs.

But remember it is a very frustrating path, when a bad beat makes you lose at the bubble all the time URG. Or when you are forced to push with shit hands because you have less than 15 BB.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Ty, Steve :)
      I know what bad beats on bubble are, have played 1,5k super turbo sngs, lots of bad beats there :)

Received my money today, it was quite quick, cause FT says that local bank transfer takes 3-5 days, but i got my money in ~21 hour :)

So, my starting BR = 28,01$

Have just played first 6 table set, finished 3/6 ITM all 2nd, so that's +0,9$
      Gonna review my HU and 3handed play, i'm wondering if i played bad somewhere or i was just unlucky with this set :)

It's time to sleep a bit, haven't done that for 30,5h already :D

Current BR = 28,91$

Windows Media Player(WMP) playing: Diddy - Love Come Down
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Played another two 6table sets. First one was good, almost +2 BI, but i was running cold at second one.
      I'm finishing 2nd way too much(i mean, i need more 1st places). Today have 8/18 ITM, which is nice, but because only one 1st, 4 2nd, 3 3rd, i don't made any profit today

Current BR = 27,11$

WMP playing: Natasha Bedingfield - Angel
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Here we go, second day and we have small profit :) +4,2$ after 43 sngs, which is 8,14% ROI.
      Still made some mistakes, will have to review my sessions.

Current BR = 29,97$

And another news, made small deposit on stars(~11$), going to play 45man/90man/360man mt sngs there(0,1$ and 0,25$ BI) :)

WMP playing: Sean Kingston ft. Elan Of The Dey & Juelz Santana - There's Nothing
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Uch, such a bad day at FT. At first, it was ok, was b/e after few sets, then had a nice 9table set +5 BI :) but still got ~b/e after next set :D and well, my last 13table set almost killed me, -10 BI... 6/13 lost where i was at least 70% favor...variance... But well, still have some $ and will have time to win something later :) (Also received 2,06$ rakeback today :) )

Current FT BR = 20,33$

Received my deposit at Stars today.

Starting BR = 11,14$

Played 30 0,25$ 45man/0,25$ 90man/0,1$ 360man MT SnG's. Finished 8/30 ITM, imo, that's nice for MT SnG's. Btw, no ITM finish at 90man sngs. At 360man finished 22nd for 0,3$ :D and 8th for 0,9$. Best results at 45man :)
      Here they are:

2x 1st 3,52$
      1x 3rd 1,85$
      1x 5th 1,01$
      1x 6th 0,67$
      1x 7th 0,39$

These results nicely increased my BR :) These games are very very soft :) Players shove with random hands, today villain check/raised all-in with K8o on flop:QJ7 :D Also they like to call preflop with Ax when there are already someone all in :) Gonna keep up playing these and hopefully move up the limits soon.

Current Stars BR = 17,6$

WMP playing: Big Geminii - My Shawty
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hi ;)

Looks like FT liked me today :D played two sets today, first one was +8 BI :s_cool: and second one -1,5 BI, so after 19 sngs +6,5 BI which is nice ;)

Current FT BR = 28,13$

Btw, strange thing happened, but i'm happy about it. After making deposit i receiver "First Deposit Freeroll" ticket, but didn't get my first deposit bonus, so i asked support about that and they told me i received it when PokerStrategy send me my starting capital. So, i asked them why did i got freeroll ticket and then they apologize for confusions and tell me that i'll receive my first deposit bonus :D

No updates for stars, haven't played there today :)

WMP playing: Mini Viva - I Wish
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Moshman's book is great, really recommend reading it. I'd recommend slower-speed SnGs at the micros if you want to eliminate a lot of the nasty variance. Getting off the micros faster = less rake = more profits

Good luck at the tables dude :s_biggrin:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Thanks, Ged :)

Tried normal speed sngs and it went well, after 9table set +5 BI :) but not sure if this was my play or just variance. Altho, had a good day and made up some nice profits ;) Played two 1$ 45man at FT, both ITM 3rd and 5th. Made a bad call at one while we were 3handed.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$500/$1000 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $19535.00
      BB:
      $12915.00
      BU (Hero):
      $35050.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      Hero raises to $2,200.00, SB folds, BB raises to $12,915.00, Hero calls $10,715.00.

Flop: ($26330) 9, 7, 4 (2 players)

Turn: ($26330) 6 (2 players)

River: ($26330) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $26330.

Was hoping for a flip here, but still, call wasn't good, cause i felt that i will be flipping here at best. Thought that he wouldn't 3bet AI with QJ and ofc he showed AK here :) And that's how it ended up: 1$ 45man, KJo, 3handed
      But still, it made me some nice profits :)
      Had a problem with my internet today, while had 9tables open lost connections and blinded out in most of them(maybe finished some ITM, not sure) and because of that, can't tell how i was doing today in total, cause PT3 couldn't read HH correctly.
      And, btw, put up some volume this week, so should get nice rakeback, ~10 BI :)
      Still waiting for FT to send me my first deposit bonus, which will also nicely increase my BR, so maybe i'll manage to move up to 2$ turbo's quite soon :)

Current FR BR = 40,63$

WMP playing: Laurent Wolf ft. Mod Martin - Seventies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello :)

was gone for week. Time to sum up July's results :)
      Here they are:

Starting FT BR = 28,01$

2x 45man 1,1$ SnGs. Net Won: 7,7$, ROI: 350%
      1x 90man 1,1$ SnG. Net Won: -1,1$ , ROI: -100%
      1x 36man 0,9$ Double Shoutout. Net Won: -0,9$, ROI: -100%
      11x 9man 1,2$ Regular SnGs. Net Won: 3$, ROI: 22,73%
      220x 9man 1,2$ Turbo SnGs. Net Won: 1,86$ ROI: 0,7%
      Rakeback: 14,61$

Current FT BR = 53,18$

Hmm, final result looks nice, but winnings from Turbos are much smaller than i expected, that's probably because i played only one week and hadn't enough time to improve my game :) looking for better results in August. Received my FDP, so probably will move to 2$ turbo's soon :)

Can't tell exact numbers for stars, played 30 mt sngs and increased my BR by ~50% :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey, haven't updated for a long time :)

Doing great at FT :) At first, would like to say that I had some problems with my BRM, played few 4$ Rush 135man with only 13 BI!!!!!!! In total was -20$ after finally getting myself up and sticking to my BRM.

Played 1$ MTT and had my deepest finish :) 14th out of 557 for 4,73$ :D

Also, cleared my fisrt deposit bonus ;)

And here goes my sngs results:

403 Sngs
      8,3%(+4,5% RB) ROI
      41,19% ITM

15,9% 1st
      13,9% 2nd
      11,4% 3rd

(These also include 18 regular sngs and 16 super turbos)

Here's the graph:

Current FT BR = 90,01$

Stars :)

Played 37 MT Sngs and had very small profit, only +0,37$ :)
      But, more profits came from freeroll:

PokerStars Tournament #293113981, No Limit Hold'em
      Freeroll
      10120 players
      $1547.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
      Total Prize Pool: $4000.00 USD
      Tournament started 2010/08/01 22:10:00 EET [2010/08/01 15:10:00 ET]

Dear Bigniux,

You finished the tournament in 43rd place. A USD 12.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

This almost doubled my br :)

Current Stars BR = 29,97$

WMP Playing: Kevin Cossum ft. Snoop Dog - Relax
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello again :)

Two days ago did a 3hours 16tabling succesive session with very nice results, 73sngs +16$ 18% ROI and finally had a BR for 2$ turbos :)

So i started yesterday, it was sick

Graph and results:

27 sngs, 5 ITM (3x2nd, 2x3rd) -61,5% ROI

quite sick isn't it :D but well, i think i played good, was feeling very bad yesterday but managed to avoid tilting :) will play one set today and if the results will be similar, i'll get back to playing 1$ turbos until i reach 50 BI for 2's :)

Current FT BR = 75,91$

WMP Playing: Taio Cruz - Dynamite
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Holy crap I think I played with you today lol. I called your all in 1$ SnG you were to my left and I must of made you rage because I had 57s and you had 103o. I was having a bad day so sorry for calling that :D .

Nice graph and dont give up.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      ain't a problem with that call, Steve :) I probably don't even noticed that :D What's your screen name on FT? :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      so so so, downer continues, played one or two sets at 2$ turbos, and currently have -23 BI over 39 sngs :D

thought that i'll just get back to 1$, build up my BR till i have 100 BI for 2$ turbos so i could have such swings there and they wouldn't be a problem. But well, looks like downer isn't thinking about stopping, over last 120 games -45 BI at 1$ turbos, quite sick, isn't it? :D

Current FT BR = 21,11$

Going to play on stars only for some time :)

WMP Playing: Kid Cudi ft. Snoop Dog - That Tree
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Heh, no more downers at ft, busted my BR :D will get some rb on friday, so there will be some money, but i'll probably will take shot at some higher BI sng(probably 5$ regular speed sng), either win or bust :)

So, here's my all time graph for 1$ and 2$ turbos. First 400 games were played few months ago and i was quite big fish at that time :) quite sick end, -50 BI under EV and long, almost straight, downer :)

Some sngs were lost because of tilt at the end (~6-8 sngs).

Current FT BR = 0,43$

Will keep playing on stars :) Doing quite good there, most profits come from 45mans so gonna play only them.

Current Stars BR = 41,04$

WMP Playing: Vaidas - Išklausyk
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Made some volume today on stars :) with very nice results, 63 games and 3x1st, 4x2nd which already are profit, including other placings profit is nice, see the picture and you'll understand :D

First line today, second - overall ;)

Totally played three sets, was running quite good, but managed to lose 4/4 HU :D and well, late night's set was good, decided to try 20tabling and it was quite easy, at first thought that i'll run bad, cause i was losing a lot 70/30, 30/70, but wasn't flipping a lot and somehow managed to win 3/3 HU :D

I think, i could easily play >20 tables at one time, table ninja and 60 seconds time bank helps for that a lot. Just need to avoid a lot of distractions, like skype, phone calls, etc.. and i probably would even be able to 30 table those games profitably :)

If i could manage to keep similar results, i would be ready to jump into 1$ 45mans in few days :) I'm just wondering if i need to do that quick, cause if i want similar $/game there, i would need at least 19% ROI, but everything is possible, tomorrow will start with a search of learning material, hope i'll found enough of it here :) If someone could recommend some kind of book, article, video, etc.. be free to share it with me ;)

Current Stars BR = 58,25$

WMP Playing: Ne-Yo - Sexy In Here
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello again ;)

Haven't played a lot last days. Done two 4hour 20tabling sessions at 0,25$ 45mans with nice results. Also, gave some shots at 1$ turbo 45man, haven't won anything, results something like 2/18 ITM, both 7th :D but i feel that i can beat this limit, just need a bit higher BR so i can have swings and not go busted :)

Today and yesterday done two sessions of cash, 6tabling for 1 hour at NL2 :D
      that's because i don't feel as playing one set of 0,25$ 45s for two hours, i want either do a long session or don't play them ;)

Results for NL2:
      515 hands
      +7,54$
      73,2bb/100 hands :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

Today's session started just before i lost all in (QQ < AA). Was way too tight yesterday, so had almost no non showdown winnings :)
      Stats:
      Yesterday: 8,4/5,9
      Today: 20,6/15 :)

That's it for now, hope that i'll have enough time tomorrow to play huge session at 25c 45s ;)

Current Stars BR = 61,15$

WMP Playing: Marquis Houston - Restaurant