checks, Hero bets $1, raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $11, folds

Hero shows 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero wins $8.08
  • 5 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hand 1.

Stats are nice and all but you should try picking up some reads as well like, what kind of stuff does he c/r does he do it w like bottom pair etc or he plays it in c/c mode, does he c/r weakish top pairs yada yada.

Anyway given that your villain is kinda maniac i'd prob end up letting him do what maniacs like doing most - bluffing, so i'd call turn and pretty much close my eyes and call any river w/o more reads. Now on turn when you shove sure he'll prob call w his strong draws + some worse hands as well but he should have tons of air that you fold out and also on such board he'll have lots of two pair type stuff.

Hand 2

Suited connectors play very well with bigger stack to pot ratio so i'd prefer to call w it preflop instead of 3betting unless effective stacks would be like 200bb+ deep.

Postflop i'd cbet a bit smaller, like 3$ or so and folding to a raise is obv standard.

Hand 3

Meh, the thing is that when you get it in you are never good even if villain would be shoving all his draws. I'd prefer to call c/r, also if you hit flush aggressive villain is likely to barrel trying to rep a flush himself as well as keep value betting his monsters (2pr etc).
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Oh and also i'd recommend for hu to use PFR SB and VPIP BB stats instead of standard vpip/pfr that you use, gives much better idea of how someone plays and what adjustments to make.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      the J9 hand i though i have to either fold or call, problem is there are so many bad river cards so i rather get it in, i dont think my EQ is ever too bad there either although i agree a lot of 2 pair hands in his ranges but also a lot of worse hands he's calling with as well. anyway he had A2 suited and hit flush on river ofc
      i see hand 3 if he shoves im never looking good really at best he has a top pair and all my flush outs are live at worst he could have higher fd and a pair and im pretty much dead.

also noted about HUD thanks =)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Oh sure he's calling with all his flush draws but my point was that his range is prob soo air heavy that you'll get the most value out of him by call/call line. And yea it kinda sucks when river is ugly, but ugly river = good scarecard = "omfg let's bluff" in his eyes that's why you get to call on ugly river as well. And the funny thing about ugly river is that while he could be more likely to bluff on those, it's also somewhat more likely to stop him from vbetting some hands that are slightly better than yours.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) you can always go on pot control on the flop if player likes to c/r a lot these boards. I think playing for stacks is fine on the turn. he should be bluffing there flushdraws enough times to make shove profitable
      2) you can also call imo oop that hand and make moves postflop, but after 3-bet it is ok to c-bet there, since don´t think he is making plays every time
      3) likely fine if you think he is bluffing a lot.