cant remember ICM?

• Childhood
      Childhood
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I've been playing with ICM for a few days.. but I can't seem to remember the ranges i should push/fold

how do you guys remember it?
      any advise? or tricks to do it??

thanks

Childhood~
  • 7 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont play sngs much but i think when i played them i just printed those charts and used them...so easy so nice
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Hello there. Try playing around with ICM Trainer and ICM Trainer Light for a while. This should give you a feel for how to play in various circmustances (given the time and experience). And after your done with those, maybe try the SitNGo Wizard, which is free for the first 30 days.

I'm not sure which charts Alan883 is referring to, but you have to remember that any charts are not a golden rule. Ideally, you should asjust your range to your opponent's ranges.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      printing off charts is a good start, it will help you get a general idea.

its just a lot of experience. do lots of practice in the ICM trainer and you will start remembering after a week or two.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Push fold are ranges in push or fold stage. So i referred to charts of late phase of SNGs.
    • Childhood
      Childhood
      Bronze
      I've been playing SnG and MTT for 4 days already. but I still can't remember any of them...
      Plus the blind steal and re-steal..
      I think it might take me foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and EVERRRRRRRR

Thanks All~~~

Childhood~
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      So put all printed charts in correct order so u will know exactly where they are and use them....in few weeks u will know them as your national anthem.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      The hand charts are a useful start, but you should go beyond them. When ICM Trainer and the hand charts disagree, you should generally try to emulate ICM Trainer.

Also, try to watch my video "The Golden Rule" from July 13th which has a simple, powerful heuristic for pushing from the small blind using another chart.

Restealing is complicated. It depends on your opponent's opening range and calling range as well as the stack situation. Sometimes you have no folding equity, and you should view a resteal as calling a push. Sometimes your have an aggressive opponent who is raising almost ATC, and then you should view the raise as a larger blind, which lets you resteal very widely.