[NL2-NL10] KK still dont have a line

• Kidsoldja
      Villain is 33/15. No other reads... I don't have a solidly justified plan here... Contingency plans based on general reads/player types would be nice if you can elaborate. I almost like c/c flop c/f turn vs a said villain/stats

Hero ($9.50)
      BB ($13.5)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($11.60)
      CO ($16.90)
      BTN ($10.10)

Dealt to Hero K :club: K :diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $.30, BTN raises to $.60, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, fold, BTN calls $2.40

FLOP A :diamond: 2 :club: 8 :spade:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't like check/calling that board against people whom I haven't particularly noted as aggressive/bluffy yet. Most players will either have the A or be scared of it, only a few % of them will actually fire worse hands at you once you check there. I'd rather c-bet somewhat small like 1/2 pot, giving worse hands a chance to call for cheap and be ready to get out of the way against a raise. When you're beat you'll lose the same if not less amount this way than you would by check/calling, and you're going up against a weaker range of hands that just has to call instead of having to decide on a bet, which passive players won't choose unless they have you 2 outing.

Hope it helps.