Hole hand success chart?

• eg271009
      eg271009
      Bronze
      I recently learned about the golden rule video here in PS, which introduced a chart for push ranges based on the Nash equilibrium. But I have been using it more as a guide on the relative strength of the different hole hand combinations. The thing is that on this chart you can see push and fold ranges for the medium strength hands, which gives also information on their relative strength, but all the strong hands, including all pairs, have a single "always push" value. The point is that I d like to compare the relativ strength of, say, a 33 in comparison to an AKo in order to asses take it into consideration when knowing, for example, that my oponent has a very tight range, and made a small bet before me. What I thought would be cool would be some chart displaying the chances of success of any two hole cards on pre flop. I dont know if this makes sense, but having numeric values for each of my medium STR hands has apparently helped a lot, and it would be a great tool for the strong hands as well. Does anyone know if this even exists, or makes much sense?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello eg271009,

You can use a program such as PokerStrategy's Equilator to work out the strength of a certain hand against another hand or a range of hands etc.

For example with regards to your 33 v AK example, the 33 has a 53% edge over AKo preflop.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • eg271009
      eg271009
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer.

I have used it as well, but when playing online there is rarely enough time to enter everything quickly, specially postflop, hence, the question for the handy, one glance chart ;)

Cheers