PartyPoker disconnecting

• esimon
      esimon
      Bronze
      Last night I opened up 4 1$ turbo SNG's. Played for a couple of minutes until the blinds got up and I got disconnected. First time i had top two pair on a table and AK on another one. Reconnecting, i find myself with AQs in good position and disconnected again. When i finally got reconnected ( to just two of the four tables, two were still disconnected ), I find myself shortstacked and with basicly no chance to at least get ITM.

I've contacted support and the said it wasn't their fault, all the other players were playing fine. I've checked and all websites I tried were working fine, so ISP's fault is kinda off.
      They offered to talk to my ISP, which is probably ok, but I don't see any good outcome of this.

Did anyone experience this kind of problem on PartyPoker?
  • 1 reply
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      I certainly know how you feel about disconnections. But they are a part of online play and most players should accept the risk of disconnections from time to time.

In cases where the poker room is the cause of disconnection - for example their servers shut down - you will get a refund of your buy-in plus something extra for your chips and the knocked out players. This is called a "cancellation". It happens when everybody was disconnected and the poker room sees that their server is responsible.

However, if you are the only one disconnected you simply lose your buy-in. For more details you can check this link here:

http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_play/using_our_software/discon_canc.html

Based on the replies to your thread, you may assume that there was no fault at PartyPoker.com's end.