PP vs PS for softness of SNG's

• drdrab
      drdrab
      Bronze
      I play the $6 SNG's on PP and make money but I absolutely hate how much rake they take off you, it's a real pain. I was wondering if any of you PPers also played at pokerstars and if so what site would you say has the softest SNG game.

I'm thinking of transferring about half my bankroll over to a new site and I don't like FT I just can't get into it. So really my question is, what is the softest site for SNG's which also gets a lot of player volume?
  • 5 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      In my experience Pokerstars is the toughest site for sngs
      Party being one of the softest but as you rightly say rake is a huge problem
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      I would recommend that you stay with PartyPoker.com. If you can build your bankroll to move to the 11 USD SNGS. This way you will pay as much rake as on the 6 USD games.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Party is competing with iPoker for worst sng players in my opinion. In iPoker you can play up to 10$ if you don't mass multitable. With 20$ you have problems: you'll have 3-6 tables to play on (but still incredibly fishy).

Party has a little better traffic and still amazing to play on, but they give such a crappy rakeback deal.

Stars, well... The party ends here. Buy-ins of 20$+ is where i got killed in 9handed stt's. Even if i still felt i have an edge, for example there's almost no such thing as you raising UTG and getting called.

Anyway, i think that:
      - it doesn't matter where you play for less then 10$;
      - for 10-20$ you can either play somewhere fishy (Party, Ipoker) or start to table select a little;
      - for 20$+ you are forced to play on FullTilt or Pokerstars anyway due to traffic, and you need solid table selection and good knowledge.
    • drdrab
      drdrab
      Bronze
      Ok cheers guys, Strictly speaking I could play at $11 tables now but I want more experience at $6 because my bankroll only got so large thanks to some MTT cashes.

Traffic at PP can be quite slow as well. I think once I make the move to $11 the rake will be less ridiculous. I just got a little annoyed because there are times when you have a whole day of just about breaking even and you think that if it was the same rake system as FT or PS you'd be up at least a little bit even before taking rakeback deal into consideration.

However, if these are the softest sites I will stick with them. cheers for the advice though guys.
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      I agree with you on the rakeback issue and with the other guys about the fish on the tables : )

In regards to traffic, I don't know for how much time you have been playing on PartyPoker.com, but it usually gets better after summer. You should get more action during the regular "working" months like September/October/December.

Cheers