This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[beginner] Am I too agressive post-flop?

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I recently passed the quiz and today is my 4th day of playing poker at the cash tables. I'm playing 0.1/0.2$ at Titan Poker. I play about 2 or 3 hours every day. The first day I lost 3$, second day I won 5$, third day I lost 2$. So I think I'm doing okay.

Today I lost about 5$ in a very short time though. I know this can happen (after all, I know luck is involved in poker), but this event made me realize I am having problems with some hands.

For example I have JJ in pocket and the flop shows JT6 rainbow. I raise on the flop, I bet on the turn. But my opponents keep calling. It happens a lot. My opponents call and call and call... and on the turn they get a flush or a straight (with them having crap pocket cards).

I lost 4 hands like this in 20 minutes. Of course, I put a lot of money in the pot when playing like this, and thus I also lose a lot when an opponent suddenly makes a strong hand on the river.

Am I playing too aggressive? Should I be more careful for opponents who call a lot? From the strategy articles it seems like these kind of opponents should bring you money, right? How would you guys handle these situations?

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies