MP2: $3.37
      CO: $19.50
      BTN: $5.10
      Hero (SB): $3.95
      BB: $5
      UTG: $12.87
      UTG+1: $11.54
      UTG+2: $11.19

Pre-Flop: K:heart: A:club: dealt to Hero (SB)
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) Q:club: K:club: 5:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25

Hi everyone,

In this particular hand, on the turn, wouldn't be better for me to actually check to induce a bluff from villain and the raise his possible bet or is the texture of the flop too draw heavy for that ? Or just the more straightforward approach like what I did..

Thx 4 any feedback..

Greetzz
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm gonna assume you meant to talk about the flop play, since I don't see a turn card.

Just c-bet bigger around $0.35, there are a lot of hands on that board that hit something and will call a bet but will check behind if you let them, including all the draws. Until you have strong reasons to believe villain just can't help but bluffing when you check to him, when in doubt just bet big with your big hands and get value.

Hope it helps.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Yeah.. I meant on the flop ;) .. Thx to you I just found one big leak (of the many leaks :f_biggrin: ) .. I think that I'm concentrating too much on mixing my plays (whenever possible) so that the other "tight regulars" are less likely to have many solid reads on me because I'm often with 2-4 (sometimes more) regulars..

I think that it's ok to play 95% straightforward at this limit right? And mixing my play is not necessary at this microlimit.. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong?..

Greetzz
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You're not wrong :> You'll level yourself too often if you give too much credit to people, so without reads just assume people will 1/ not valuebet thin enough 2/ call way too wide, and play for value yourself when in doubt.

Hope it helps.