MP2: $5
      CO: $3.06
      BTN: $4.30
      SB: $3.70
      BB: $5.49
      UTG: $7.50
      UTG+1: $5
      Hero (UTG+2): $4.05

Pre-Flop: 5:club: 5:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG+2)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 5 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 6:diamond: 4:club: 3:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) A:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

River: ($1.72) J:diamond: (2 Players)

Hi everyone,

No solid reads on opponent tend to be on the looser side though.. I have a taggish image.. Anyway can I 3-barrel bluff here with my image eventually representing that I've hit the A or J?

Thx for any feedback

Greetzz
  • 5 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Don't bluff a fish.

If he's a scared tight player and river was a spade or higher than a jack (or both) it'd be easier to bluff, but here i don't think the jack is a scary enough card. Opponent could well have called with Ax and just called the cbet thinking he has the best hand as long as you don't have pocket pair or something anyway (although probably alot of his range is pocket pairs after he calls the flop), if he has the ace you wont be able to get him off the hand, especially if he's loose. If he has TT-77 you aren't all that likely to get a fold out of him anyway seeing as he already called when the ace hit.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      I would take the showdown. He only fold draws which you beat anyway
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Ok thx for both sound advice.. What about my 2nd barrel.. was it reasonable here?

Greetzz
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      A,K and Q on the turn are very good to 2nd barrel on a low card flop. But here I think the flop was too draw heavy. I'd take the check behind option as you have a pair which beats some draws and a redraw with an OESD. By betting there you turn your hand into a pure bluff imo. With this kind of hand I prefer to keep the pot as small as possible.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      A,K and Q on the turn are very good to 2nd barrel on a low card flop. But here I think the flop was too draw heavy. I'd take the check behind option as you have a pair which beats some draws and a redraw with an OESD. By betting there you turn your hand into a pure bluff imo. With this kind of hand I prefer to keep the pot as small as possible.
      This. Hence, when you actually do bet the turn, you're pretty much trying to take villain off 5x/6x/77-TT, which at microstakes is going to take a river bet as well since they won't just fold on the turn even if it's an A. So when you do actually bet the turn I would advise you to follow through on the river when it's an overcard. If you don't want to bet the river, don't bet the turn.

As a sidenote, and make sure you don't misinterpret what I'm about to say and just try bluffing every fish in sight, it's actually very profitable to bluff the fish provided you know what you're doing, which if you don't, you'll just spew money into them, and it's the main reason we usually advise beginners not to.

What is surely unprofitable is to try and bluff them weakly, by throwing a small bet at them on the flop and expect them to fold to it when it's cheap and they can still draw to both the turn and the river. But if you get into spots when you know most of their ranges are weak pairs and/or draws on the flop, you can make a lot of money by firing all 3 streets provided the draws don't get there, because they will for sure call the first two streets with a chance of improving, usually just to be forced to fold once everything whiffs, netting you a huge profit since draws will miss the vast majority of the time.

Hope it helps.