Hero (BB): $5.66
      UTG: $4.04
      UTG+1: $11.15
      MP1: $4.88
      MP2: $12.50
      CO: $5
      BTN: $2.26
      SB: $9.95

Pre-Flop: 8:spade: 6:heart: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.17) 7:club: 9:heart: 5:diamond: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, MP1 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.12) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP1 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $2.45, MP1 calls $0.95

River: ($6.02) A:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $2.71 and is All-In, MP1 calls $1.93 and is All-In

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions on my play here.. I found that his min-raise on the turn really showed great strength telling met that he had a full house with either 97s or 95s (more unlikely) or 77 or 55 or A9.. since I showed great strength by 3-betting the flop in the blind position (random hit right).. and he still showed strength by minraising me on the turn..

Well on the river was it better to check/call then to push all-in.. I pushed anyway because I thought why wouldn't he reraised me bigger when I'm already saying that I am willing to go all-in right..

Anyway I'm just a newbie playing cash games, coming from the SNG's so I still need get used to it.. because I've noticed that they tend to be much more careful even if they have a really, great hand.. I mean..like in this hand.. in a SNG it's obviously we are both all-in on the flop right and if not on the flop on turn :tongue: ...

Thx for any feedback

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just bet pot on the flop if you're going to lead out at all, forcing the action to just put in 1/3 pot is bad unless you know villain likes to prey on weakness or randomly spazzes out with raises all the time. Prefer betting strong to get money in the pot, as most people at nl5 don't care whether you make it $0.05 or $0.15, so just take advantage of it when you can.

After he raises I'd make it slightly bigger to around $0.55, and when he minraises the turn it makes no sense to min3bet since we're not going to fold anyway after that and we're drawing dead if we're behind, so "waiting" for the river card has no value to us. I'd just shove the turn personally, bad players will raise 9x on the flop quite often and there is just no way we should fold if he can ever have trips in that spot, which he can.

Hope it helps.