CO: $4.98
      BTN: $12.50
      SB: $5.87
      BB: $5
      UTG: $12.24
      UTG+1: $1.21
      UTG+2: $5.28
      Hero (MP1): $4

Pre-Flop: T:spade: T:club: dealt to Hero (MP1)
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.27) 5:club: 4:heart: 2:spade: (2 Players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.07) 8:diamond: (2 Players)
      UTG+2 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($3.27) 8:spade: (2 Players)
      UTG+2 bets $3.68 and is All-In, Hero calls $2.40 and is All-In

Hi everyone,

Wouldn't it be better to isolate raise villain here and getting more info about his hand strength.. How should I've played the postflop.. I think that I should have folded the river because generally players don't just go all-in with air right.. I called probably because I was married to the hand.. hehe

Thx for any feedback

Greetzz
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

There isn't that much value in 3-betting preflop especially if you don't know the guy, TT will often get overcards on board and you won't be able to comfortably valuebet your hand when you have no idea how villain is playing. So since it also wastes the chance of flopping a set on JJ+ because if you get 4-bet you'll have to fold, it's usually a safer/better option to just call until you're positive this villain is minraise/calling with a wide range and you get a better grasp of his postflop play.

Postflop I'll usually fold the turn, it's just tough for people to decide to overbet the flop and pot the turn without an overpair unless they're insane, and we only beat 99 when he could have 4 time as many JJ+ hands.

Hope it helps.