UTG+2: $3.46
      MP1: $2.67
      MP2: $5
      CO: $2.78
      BTN: $4.93
      SB: $2.90
      BB: $3.79
      UTG: $2.41

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: A:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.17, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.17, MP2 calls $0.17, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.58) Q:diamond: 6:club: 7:club: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.38) 4:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.40, Hero raises to $6.17 and is All-In, MP2 calls $2.53 and is All-In

River: ($10.24) T:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Hi everyone,

Here I assumed that villain is a tight regular and he probably put me on taggish side too.. On this board his reraising range would still be wide enough not too exclude all the overpairs and only a set.. But If I was assuming that he might have a set here.. Should I then 3bet him and fold to a possible 4bet on the flop.. or in anyways It's ok to go broke here against a tight regular?

Thx 4 any feedback..

Greetzz
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you 3-bet the flop you can't fold to a 4-bet you will have to call it off, just on the off-chance that he has some AQ or draws in his range for going broke there, which he probably can. If tough to weight an unknown's range in such spots and thus it's never bad to go broke with AA when in doubt be it with the c-bet/call flop check/jam turn line or the 3-bet/call flop line.

But if he really is a tight regular we're really not that thrilled by that prospect, quite the opposite in fact, since regulars tend to overplay top pairs a lot less than the fish and some of them just sit there on 20 tables trying to flop sets all day long, so we'd better hope he can do that with draws or it's a very gloomy spot for us.

Hope it helps.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Here is how I would play it:
      Pre-flop: Bet $0,20
      Flop ($0,67): Bet $0,50
      If he minraise to something like $1,20 (his raise on Flop was almost a minraise) his remaining stack would be $3,60, so I'm shipping because he could just trying to bluff back at my contibet, or he could be on some kind of AQ, KQ even QJ or a flushdraw hand, and I don't want him to see Turn or River cards.

Does it make sense or I'm wrong somewhere?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, except if he really was bluffing we'd much rather take the line hero took, so that villain can continue to bluff at us. Him bluffing when we 3-bet only means he will fold sometimes and we won't get it in (good or bad) against him as often. Just taking down the dead money is fine, but make sure you're not going for the "he's bluffing so i'm all-in" argument alone in other spots of your game.

Hope it helps.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Thx 4 the helpful advice.. sounds great.. ;)

Greetzz