UTG: $5.26
      UTG+1: $2.94
      MP1: $4.51
      MP2: $1.41
      CO: $7.67
      BTN: $5.52
      Hero (SB): $5.77
      BB: $4.79

Pre-Flop: K:heart: K:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) Q:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: (2 Players)
      [COLOR=red]

Hi everyone,

In this hand, wasn't it better to check hoping that villain would make a c-bet and then raise him or just opt for the more straightforward approach like in this example..

BSS is all about postflop skills so that's why I'm posting such hands although it might look silly, or too basic for some people.. Sorry for that

Thx for any feedback

Greetzz
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi DonCorleone!

I believe you should 3bet your kings especially because you are OOP. If you were IP I would consider calling but in this situation you would be in complete darkness if an ace hit the board. So, 3bet preflop.

Then you could easily cbet this board. As played you could go for a c/r if villain cbets enough. You have overpair and second nut FD. You run fine against anything but a made nut flush or AdAx. If villain is passive then just donk it to try to get it in.

PS: Didn't you use to play SNGs? :)
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Yeah :tongue: .. I was kinda surprised to see u here on this thread as well.. I'm running quite bad on the SNG's for a while now and decided to give cash games a try and to improve my postflop game in general.. Hmm.. So u actually mix ur SNG sessions with some cash games right?

Greetzz
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      No, I don't. I ran badly in SNGs and I disliked the fact that I couldn't play a pot. 50bb starting stack isn't enough for me. I have more fun in cash games and at the moment I'm also running kinda hot (more details in my so called blog).

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi DonCorleone!

I believe you should 3bet your kings especially because you are OOP. If you were IP I would consider calling but in this situation you would be in complete darkness if an ace hit the board. So, 3bet preflop.

Then you could easily cbet this board. As played you could go for a c/r if villain cbets enough. You have overpair and second nut FD. You run fine against anything but a made nut flush or AdAx. If villain is passive then just donk it to try to get it in.
      This sounds fine, especially preflop.

As far as postflop is concerned, while it's true that UTG might c-bet air in that spot, he's most likely a fish given his stack size so you can't count on that, and you can't count on him not being scared of the monotone board even if he happened to flop top pair either. He might check those back, which is disastrous for us. He might also not play a draw aggressively, a lot of bad players go into check/call mode with draws because after all, why bet when you didn't hit it yet?

Of course we know better, so with what is most likely the best made hand and the best draw combined at that point and plenty of possible worse hands for him to call us with, we're better off just forcing the action by donking out.

Hope it helps.