This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Rush 99 (MSS)

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($4.59)
      MP1 ($5.47)
      MP2 ($7.26)
      MP3 ($3.60)
      Hero (CO) ($4.58)
      Button ($10.83)
      SB ($10.11)
      BB ($6.27)
      UTG ($14.61)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25) 8, 5, 6 (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BB raises to $5.97 (All-In), MP1 calls $3.92 (All-In), Hero calls $1.78 (All-In)

Turn: ($15.87) A (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($15.87) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $15.87 | Rake: $1.05

reviewing the hand I called in the first place for set value and got carried away with having a weak over pair and minraised MP1 in case of bluff (AJ+) when I thought I should have folded. After the reraised i was pot commited anyway so no problem there. Alos i only had about 10 hands with each of the 2 players so no reliable stats or reads.

What do you think
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I actually like squeezing this hand because I like being a squeezemonkey

But calling IP to play your hand IP is also good. I dont like calling preflop just solely for set value

Flop i don't get freaky so I just call because I dont see any value in raising

I play MSS in this situation more like BSS rather than boomchaka SSS ;)

- Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Well If I think I am ahead I like to raise to protect from over cards. but By raising the way i did I pot commited myself and giving better pot odds rather than protecting myself :)

It turned out good however they had 8T and K8 (lmao). but I normally would have folded cos of the pleflop raise of UTG. The hand range i did put him on surely did not include K8o
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Well If I think I am ahead I like to raise to protect from over cards. o
      But do they call your raise? Mostly not 100% whereas hands that have you beat are calling those raises more
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I agree with you Gerv, but isn't it me making a mistake then if I give the opponent the correct pot odds to call. where as maybe if I go all in, the opponent will call less often but then it will be his mistake and therefore +ev.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      I agree with you Gerv, but isn't it me making a mistake then if I give the opponent the correct pot odds to call..
      Maybe if they have an OESD but you block 2 outs. They mostly have between 2-6 outs now because of your nines so they need solid pot odds of 12% (=8:1)

So your thinking is a bit off here in this case I think especially with the second sentence of you argueing exploiting the times they fold too much. Thing is you let them play perfectly namely you give them a signal ''Hey your toppair ain't good'' ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      thank you, it makes sense now