Hero (CO): $16.64
      BTN: $3.75
      SB: $10.52
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.56
      MP: $16.18

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.55, 2 players) 8:spade: T:spade: 6:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.05, MP calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.65, 2 players) 5:spade:
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.65, 2 players) 9:spade:
      MP bets $3.65, Hero calls $3.65

Villain is 48/40/1.38

Was river call OK? I thought he could bet a lot hands that I beat with Q high flush, after my check on the turn. Before that I think that 3-bet and C-bet are standard against this kind of player.
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      Really its going to go down on gut feeling imo. From my experience at rush people are bluffing much much less than in ring games and so since only getting 1:1 on the call I might make a slightly weak fold - but if you get some kind of werid timing from him then call is ok.

Don't 3bet AQo 160BB deep - sure it may be value-3b against his raising range but his 3b calling range AQo is a dog to. Your hand is strong enough you don't need to turn it into bluff. Plus his minraise and your call could induce light sqz from BU where you can backraise him. I just don't think you should 3b with it. I mean you can make argument of minraise not enough value but then in position its much easier to manipulate size of pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't mind the preflop 3-bet, AQ is likely ahead of a 48/40/1.6's 3bet-calling range as well.

On the river I agree with letmewinplz8, the most common hands for people potting the river are KsX AsX and complete air, not so much lower flushes. So even with the Qs you're kinda bluff-catching unless he's insane and just playing all flushes like that. It can go either way, with no further reads just pick one option based on your gut feeling and be happy with it no matter the showdown, then learn from the showdown to adjust (if you can consider adjusting in rush...).

Hope it helps.