fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) 6:diamond: 4:club: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.20, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $2.10, CO calls $2.10

River: ($7.40, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $3.80, CO raises to $7.97 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.17

Villain is 11/7/1.43

Is this ok line. Usually I don't donk but I try ti mix up my game a little, also I thought that he will raise my small donk for sure. First I wanted to donk/raise, than I've decided to just call and donk turn again. I the end I don't like river call, because I was sure he is QQ or KK, but I had good odds if he is KQ or maybe AK turned into bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Problem with donk/rai to a thinking player is it turns hand face up as set on this board. Ch/rai can still be bluff so I prefer trying to attempt this - it is also the easiest way to get teh money in.

As played I would still go for ch/rai on turn - again you want to get the money in lol. On river you are beating nothing he takes this line with so fold imho although judge will probably tell you not to fold set.

Btw 11/7 does not have KQ or AK in his river range ever given this play.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I prefer to check/raise as well, the board is enough for your thinking opponents to realize you're not representing much at all, and against non-thinking opponents it just doesn't matter, only their actual holding does.

If you do donk/call, then check the turn to him if you want to continue representing some weak Qx, whose first inclination will always be to see if it can get a free river card. When you donk out again you fork your range and by then you're representing either a funkily played monster or complete bullshit, but the pot is getting too big for a 11/7 to actually think about continuing to play back with nothing. What he'll call a bet with after raising the flop he'll most likely bet again himself.

We can't fold the river with those odds but yeah, it doesn't look too good.

Hope it helps.