[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Kk Fr

• pashone
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, 4 folds, BB raises to $0,58, Hero calls $0,41.

Flop: ($1,18) Q:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,78, Hero calls $0,78.

Turn: ($2,74) 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,81, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,74

If I 4b preflop I think he would fold everything but AA . Q on flop isn't pretty.I don't see what hands I beat on turn.But then again he bets half his stack,maybe he did it so he can fold,I don't know??
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      Get it in preflop if you can, you want to get value out of hands like AK, QQ while you are ahead. If you let players see the flop with hands like that they can fold if they miss and make your life miserable when they hit, so you win small pots and lose big ones.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think your line is fine.

This guy looks tight enough that he's probably not 3-betting BBvsMP2 with less than AK, if even that. On the flop QQ outdrew us. On the turn JJ wouldn't bet like that ever, neither would AK (he can't have AK with the nut flushdraw, you have the Kd), so what looks like a weak fold on the turn is actually pretty good logic, you simply don't beat anything that this guy would play like that unless he's on a complete spazz, which isn't really what 11/10 guys are known for. Sometimes you split with another KK and yeah it's sad to fold the same hand, but there are 6+3=9 combos of QQ/AA out there compared to 1 other combo of KK, so you're getting screwed too often to worry about a split.

Hope it helps.