[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJs 3-way, 3-bet pot

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 2351807039 ***** (IPoker)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 13, 05:27:56 ET 2010
      Table Kaniff (Real Money)
      Seat 10 is the button
      Seat 1: Edcadajo ( $10.20 USD )
      Seat 3: MicroAssasin ( $17.73 USD )
      Seat 5: Vestnazak ( $10.00 USD )
      Seat 6: KOJIOBOPOT ( $9.70 USD ) (VPIP:16/ PFR:11/ 3Bet:0/ AF:5 )
      Seat 8: 1mihnia ( $10.10 USD ) (VPIP:31/ PFR:24/ 3Bet:16.7/ AF:3.5)
      Seat 10: Piters1990 ( $10.00 USD )
      Edcadajo posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      MicroAssasin posts big blind [$0.10 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Piters1990 [ A :spade: J :spade: ]
      KOJIOBOPOT raises [$0.35 USD]
      1mihnia raises [$1.20 USD]
      Piters1990 calls [$1.20 USD]
      Edcadajo folds
      MicroAssasin folds
      KOJIOBOPOT calls [$0.85 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9 :diamond: , 4 :club: , A :club:]
      KOJIOBOPOT checks
      1mihnia checks
      Piters1990 checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6 :club: ]
      KOJIOBOPOT checks
      1mihnia bets [$3.75 USD]
      Piters1990 folds
      KOJIOBOPOT folds
      1mihnia wins $7.25 USD from main pot

Now, when i look to this hand, i think i should have bet out on the flop, don't know why i didn't.... :f_confused: But overall, is the call good pre? And could i've done something on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      fold preflop, with raise and 3-bet in front of you you should only be playing AA and KK.

As played bet flop, you have some good hands beat but can be dominated by AK, AQ so fold to reraise or heavy action on turn.

Read the basic article on how to play before the flop, and stick to it. Your preflop play is leaving you in horrible spots postflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by delete461
      fold preflop, with raise and 3-bet in front of you you should only be playing AA and KK.

As played bet flop, you have some good hands beat but can be dominated by AK, AQ so fold to reraise or heavy action on turn.

Read the basic article on how to play before the flop, and stick to it. Your preflop play is leaving you in horrible spots postflop.
      Sounds good. KK+ might be a bit too tight of a range to play in that particular spot unless the players in front are tight, since 1minihnia has 17% 3bet so far it's very possible his holding is weak in that spot, but he did 3-bet a 16/11 who opened from early position, so he could also not be messing around in that spot. At least folding will keep you out of trouble spots, if it's not outright the best play.

Postflop I don't like betting out. AJ in a good hand on A94 2t in general, but when you take into account the preflop action you have to realize that being up against a 3-betting range you actually don't beat much of the hands that are going to force the action on that board unless your opponents are bad loose aggressive players, which from stats these guys are not.

Hope it helps.