[NL2-NL10] NL10 - nut gutshot

• plauz
      plauz
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , T:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,10. , MP2 posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, Hero checks, MP2 checks, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,55) K:heart: , A:diamond: , 7:heart: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Here I have a nut gutshot which I hope to hit on the turn or river.

Turn: ($0,55) 7:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,10, BU calls $0,10, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

I call this bet because it's only small..because I think the guy still has hit nothing. Is this the right decision? He could've hit a full house here but since he bets so low I don't consider that possibility.

River: ($0,95) J:heart: (4 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1,80 (All-In), MP2 raises to $1,80 (All-In), BU raises to $3,60, UTG+2 folds.

I hit the nut straight so I go all-in.

Final Pot: $8,15

here are the results:
      Hero balance $0, lost $2 [ Qd Ts ] [ a straight Ten to Ace -- Ad,Kh,Qd,Jh,Ts ]
      MP2 balance $6.04, bet $2, collected $6.04, net +$4.04 [ 7s Js ] [ a full house, Sevens full of Jacks -- Js,Jh,7s,7h,7d ]
      BU balance $2.38, bet $3.80, collected $1.80, lost -$2 [ Tc Qh ] [ a straight Ten to Ace -- Ad,Kh,Qh,Jh,Tc ]
  • 5 replies
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      calling a minimum raise is not so bad, but also against the rules. 4 outs - small pot ... In my opininon correct me if I am wrong ...
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Your odds to make it on the river were 10.5:1 , with pot odds of 5.5:1 it's an EV- play with a value of -48%*bet. If you consider that particular situation though, with the results, you had no outs, because you couldn't improve your hand against a fullhouse (ie: you were drawing dead)
    • plauz
      plauz
      Bronze
      thanks for the helpful reply
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Rather was till the blinds reach you, to post the blind or post in the CO.

About the hand itself. It is a paired board against 3 opponents, the pot is small so it's an easy fold especially since you're playing SSS.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      First, please to not post results of the hands, this might counterfeight the judgement of the users.
      Second, please do not post the Blinds in Middle Position.

On the Turn is no need to call here for many reasons:

Your only outs here might be a Ten for the Nut Straight. Problem is that with 4 other players its likely that someone has a Flushdraw. So the T of heart would not give you the best hand here, since somebody else could hold a flush.

Besides that, the board is paired, so their can be a possible Full House out their, who slowplayed his set. E.G. the SB who was planning to check/raise the field on the flop, but everybody checked, so his attempt failed.

So your Outs for the Straight are not good, which means that very often you can only improve to the second best hand. So here have your first reason why you better should fold.