$3.91
      MP3:
      $13.39
      CO:
      $12.19
      BU (Hero):
      $10.09

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB raises to $1.30, 2 folds, [COLOR=red]Hero..?

mp3:13/4/54h

sb: 18/13/0 3b/ 0 zqs/100 h

3b vs mp3? 0% OP early
      easy fold vs sb?
  • 3 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      definitely 3-bet v mp3. Calling leaves you set up for a squeeze from the blinds which could signal strength or he could see you as dead money. It is difficult spot you could have avoided by 3-betting.
      As played I would 4-bet/shove since sb is likely to squeeze with a range you are slightly ahead of.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey maykel. This is a tough spot. MP3 is a real nit, once he only played some 6 hands over 54, with a PFR of 4%. This is enough to realize that this guy has been waiting for a spot to get in and raise. I would never put him in anything below QQ or AK.

I agree with delete461. You should have 3-bet him, given your good hand and absolute position. A raise to something around $1.00 would be OK. That would avoid any further move from SB, unless he really had a hand like AA or KK. In the same way, if you are 4-bet by MP3, you should also fold, given his nitty stats.

As you can see by the way the hand developed, MP3 actually folded to SB's 3-bet. So 3-betting could have ended the hand in your favor right on the spot. It makes me think he had nothing more than a medium strenght pair, like 99 or TT.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Truthfully we have no reason whatsoever to be worried about getting squeezed by a guy who never 3-bet before, so there goes that argument. If SB was a squeeze monkey, we would actually love to flat call, since it will get SB to spazz with a range that can't stand a 5-bet jam most of the time, and with our position we can even make sure MP3 doesn't have a monster before we happily shove our stack into SB's face.

I agree that MP3 looks very tight, tho it's only 50 hands and he's still liable to have stuff like 99-JJ/AQ together with his QQ+/AK. The reason you should usually go for a 3-bet is because it'll get him to 4-bet KK+ so you can fold, and when he calls he usually has more often 99-QQ/AQ, which you can play very well against postflop in position.

Hope it helps.