$4.44
      CO:
      $6.98
      BU (Hero):
      $5.00
      SB:
      $10.72

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.07) 9, J, T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP2 raises to $3.47, Hero raises to $4.50, MP2 calls $1.03.

Turn: ($10.07) 7 (2 players)

River: ($10.07) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.07.

It's fine to get it in right?
  • 3 replies
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey, man. Considering the size of your stack, I think it is fine to get it in. Once you had QQ on the hole, I think it is unlikely that he could have flopped a straight with KQ. Maybe he had a set of 9s, Ts or even Js, as well as any two pair like T9, J9 or JT.

The important thing here is that if he was a bit experienced he would realize you are commited to this pot if you called that raise (you would have just $1.03 left). So I don't think that his raise to $2.37 could have been done with air. Maybe he actually had a set or even two pair to make such a raise. He either wanted to make you stick in your money or was really clueless about the raise size.

Also... this is RUSH poker.... I mean you don't have reads on him, it seems. Sometimes you can even find somebody commiting with nothing but top pair or a flush draw. It is a very close situation between figuring out if you are playing against a solid player or a completely clueless weekend player.

Once KQ was quite unlikely, I would put him on AJ also. That might justify his call to your raise without reraising himself and, thus, commiting with nothing but top pair on the flop. If he had AK, we should expect a reraise from him, unless he was extremely passive. But, again, we are on RUSH poker and have to guess a lot.

You should not shove with just top pair or flush draw on this board, but it would also be too weak to fold an overpair and OESD against one single player.

So... it's OK to shove on this spot, I think.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Well, those were my thoughts during the hand and my conclusion was: He was either overplaying something and I'm ahead, either he has me beat by just a bit and I can still draw out. With no specific reads I opted to go with the hand. As it's only NL5 I see a lot of hands being overplayed.

Thx for the reply!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed, you'll see random KJ and the likes shove it in there because it looks like the mortal nuts, so you shouldn't fold.

If he happens to be a tight regular it sucks a lot more, because they players won't usually get it in right on the flop with those hands and they mostly like to flat pocket pairs preflop, so you're up against a set more often. Still you have straight/boat outs and they play flushdraws like that sometimes as well as show up with JTs, so against everyone but the nittiest of nits we aren't folding.

Hope it helps.