Withdrawal!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      So after some soul searching and after a 2 month downswing on FTP I decided rather hastily to deposit into stars. I played something like 100 hands before I decided to take a complete break from Poker.

I waited the 48 hrs to withdraw the funds. I tried to withdraw via VISA (the avenue I used to deposit) but apparently thats not possible. So I used Moneybookers. This morning I got this humdinger of an email which bemused me to say the least.

Hello Gary,

Your cashout has been placed on hold as we have determined that the funds you are cashing out originate from recent deposits made to your account. We are not implying any wrong doing but ask that you please explain the reason for cashing out these funds. Please be aware that if we do not receive a response from you within 30 days, your cashout will be cancelled and your account frozen. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
      Wendy PokerStars Security Team

WHAT THE F***?
  • 12 replies
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Yes, that's Stars for you. They always want to know "the reason". You could tell them that you decided their software sucks or maybe you could make up a story about you suddenly needing to use your poker bankroll for something else, like maybe an unforeseen tooth filling or to buy a robotic flyswatter. It doesn't really matter. Just tell them anything. :]
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I cant see how they can withhold my cash and if they do I predict a law suit!

Pure bs imho. Course now im going have to wait a day for their "super fast" support team to reply.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I move cash from Stars to Tilt all the time. I've never had any issues like this! Although I have had a lot of trouble with the varying conversion rates from site to site.

Anyway I have to stick at one site now as I am losing money in fees.

Good luck Holly I hope you get this sorted :)

EDIT** Could be worse! It could be FT's support team you had to deal with.

Imo Stars do have the best support out of all the online poker rooms.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I have a better excuse for you too... Just say you are very wary of using the PokerStars software after the bot ring was found and you feel you can't feel safe intrusting your bankroll to THE BIGGEST ONLINE POKER ROOM when they allow things to go on for so long undetected they may even offer you a bonus for if you ever change your mind ;)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      MrMardyBum, u are a genious.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      So you are a dude?
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • blame44me
      blame44me
      Bronze
      yes you should be partly happy that they just randomly do such security checks, or you can even think of it as they need some info for avoid people leaving..anyways its just a randomly created email that you can answer just by saying youre tired or anything else..so dont worry

btw, the answer saying that you dont feel safe due to the bot thing is amazixng :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Irooz

The only reason I used a different method to withdraw was they don't accept withdrawals to VISA. They gladly accept deposits via Visa but not when it comes to withdrawals.

NightFrostaSS

When did I ever say I was a female?

PS. Still havent heard a reply in 10 hours.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Still awaiting a response from Poker Stars....
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey HollyMichelle

The reason they restrict rapid deposit and withdrawl transactions is to protect against illegal use of their cash transaction facilities and is completely understandable.

Just be patient, answer all emails politely and accurately and there should be no problem getting access to your cash. As a rule of thumb I'd allow a day or two for everything to be reviewed and for them to get back to you.

I trust your break from poker goes well!
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze