Bankroll Managment!

• elvis5588
      elvis5588
      Bronze
      Hello!
      I'm waiting for my 50$ starting capital, I hope to receive it today!
      So I was wondering how much money you need, if you want to play at 1$/2$ with bakroll managment..?
  • 5 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I would really suggest you to study that by yourself so u will get exact information on how to use BRM.

And if u ask me i am telling you that BRM is one of the most if not the most important thing in poker.

BRM is mentioned for every type of game in basic articles.
    • elvis5588
      elvis5588
      Bronze
      I'm the new guy at the poker, and I will play by BRM.
      I'm still learning, everyday reading about poker..
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Correct. If you want to play long term then BRM is must.

What type of play are u going to start with?

And of course...nice to see you in our great community and i wish u all the luck at the tables.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey elvis5588 and welcome to the community!

With $50 you are a fair way off playing $1/$2 No Limit (NL) or Fixed Limit (FL) - but with perseverence and lots of study I'm sure you'll get there!

For $1/$2 FL Full Ring (FR) you are recommended to have a minimum of 300 big bets (BB) which equates to $1200 - although I'd suggest by the time you hit this limit you consider padding out your bank roll management threshholds.

For No Limit using the Short Stack Strategy (SSS) FR we recommend having at least 30 buy ins (BI) for a given limit, so for NL200 (ie $1/$2 blinds) you would need a $1200 bank roll.

For No Limit using the Big Stack Strategy (BSS) FR we recommend having at least 25 BI for the limit so for NL200 you would need a $5000 bank roll.

For short handed (SH) games you should be much more conservative with your bank roll requirements.

All the information on BRM (bank roll management) along with basic strategy is contained in the basic articles which you have access to. Just click on the "Strategy" tab at the top of the page and browse away!

Trust this helps and good luck. :f_grin:
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      I think even 0,01/0,02$ is way too much for some people who have 50$ bankroll,no offense tho but I know how fast money disappear :]