nl 10 fr stats

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hello boys and girls, I am curious what are the "correct stats" in order to crush NL10 FR, most people like the very very tag approach, wait for strong hands from a certain position, and I pretty much follow it from some extent, however I am a lot looser when it comes to calling 3bets with speculative hands from position, simply because I am familiar that they are most likely holding aa or kk so I take advantage of that knowing that if I hit 2 pair, 3 of kind, flush ect I will felt them. What do you guys think about making these kind of plays from position.

The stats I am playing is 20/11.5

Do you guys think this is too loose for this limit and I should stop making these plays and just play abc?
  • 7 replies
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      PS I am a mtt player trying to make it in cash games, this is why I am asking for help because I know it's a complete diff game.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      20/11 is bad, stop limping so much. and stop calling 3bets, especially OOP.
      14/11 would be much better...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I think if the way you are playing is working for you and you are constantly in the 2 - 10BB/100 range (or maybe more) over a sample of at least 10,000 (but preferable a few thousand more) then you are playing winning poker and beating NL10.

Only change if you are losing money, or you find yourself getting lost in these 3-bet pots sometimes. We all need to find out our individual styles at some point and if this is yours and you manage to play well using it, then you should just continue with what you are doing.

I personally take the nitty approach to NL10 and play more to the table dynamics than anything. If I have a loose table I play tighter than usual as I am not going to get through with many CB's or bluffs and if I have a tight table then I play a bit looser because the CB's and bluffs are going to be easier to pull off.

I play a rather tight 11/7 game and often goto showdown with mid pockets when the pot is very cheap, not only to do get to see what your opponents are playing with pre-flop but also because people have seen me SD with PP's that are obviously beaten they are more willing to call me should I manage to get into a pot with them a little later. It's a style that works for me, so I continue to use it.

Back to your VPIP/PFR most of the regs I play with that make profit on Full Tilt at NL10 play within the range of 6 - 20VPIP and obviously varying PFR's they are a few exceptions that manage to play upto around 28VPIP but these are rare and most people playing above 25 VPIP are showing losses.
      So I don't think you are to loose at all as long as you are in profit like I said.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      20k hands beating it at 7/100
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeMammuth
      20k hands beating it at 7/100

Then why change a winning formula?
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I am always trying to improve my game regardless if I am winning or not
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Whatever. You asked a question, I replied. Look for leaks yes, but you shouldn't make drastic changes to your play when you are effectively crushing a limit at 7BB's/100.

If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it.