How do you deal with obnoxious idiots?

• Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      Do you hate them too? The idiots who talk all the time, mention the hands they have (usually fake), boasting whenever they win a hand and ath the same time putting down the losers?

How do you deal with them? They don't shut up at all even if you ask them to.
  • 38 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Right click player name --> Mute.

Not rocket science.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you have time to notice, you're not playing enough tables. :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      If you have time to notice, you're not playing enough tables. :D
      Haha, good answer! :f_thumbsup:
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      That's probably true. I usually don't play more than 2-3 games at the same time.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Turn all player chat off... There is no point at all in paying attention to the chat or getting involved in it.

Plus, as has already been said.... time to pay attention to chat = not enough tables.
    • Albeback
      Albeback
      Bronze
      I'm not turning off the chat as there might be some useful stuff there sometimes.
      I'm just ignoring them.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Idiots, you say? They aren't the problem. The problem is your attitude towards them. You need to start seeing them as a source of income rather than cause of frustration.
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      Sometimes it is useful to watch the chat. You can see who's on tilt etc. even if you haven't played a single hand at the table. Watching what these morons write to chat can give you some useful reads. It's up to you whether you mute them but I prefer letting them talk.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I wouldn't personally mute them either, but OP is obviously allowing what they say to affect him, therefore in his/her case the best option would be to mute them. Generally if they is a player like that at the table (and you have time, or you're an uber-quick typer like me) the best way to deal with these players is try and have some friendly banter with them.

Make the fishes experience at the table better they will stay longer and reload more often if they feel they've made a friend that understands why they play the way they do. It works sometimes, sometimes they'll just berate you, but as long as you don't allow what they say to affect your play or mindset then what do you have to lose?
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      Thx for the informative answers.

I Prefer to play on few tables since I have trouble concentrating on the game if I have to switch tables every few seconds.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dumbledork

I Prefer to play on few tables since I have trouble concentrating on the game if I have to swotch tables every few seconds.
      I used to play 24 tables and have cut down to four so I know what you mean, don't open more tables because other people have told you too, or you feel you should. Only play the amount that makes you comfortable with EVERY decision you make.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Originally posted by Dumbledork

I Prefer to play on few tables since I have trouble concentrating on the game if I have to swotch tables every few seconds.
      I used to play 24 tables and have cut down to four so I know what you mean, don't open more tables because other people have told you too, or you feel you should. Only play the amount that makes you comfortable with EVERY decision you make.
      This is a good point but still - If you can make optimal decisions yet still pay attention to chat your focus should probably switch to opening another table or two rather than getting involved in the chat.

I understand what people mean when they say chat can be useful for spotting tilted spewtards or whatever but my personal preference would be to open more tables.

As MardyBum said, do what you feel comfortable with as this can only be +EV just don't let the fish in the little chat box put you off your game :)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Talking on the chat after I get a bad beat makes me feel good.

But then sometimes I say too much informations and the player might get better, which we dont want :(

"WHY WOULD YOU CALL 4BET WITH KING FOUR SUITED??" :D
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      As for playing multiple tables I found out today that 2 tables is my maximum.

I tried three tables twice but got eliminated very quickly because I just can't concentrate on three tables at the same time.
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Care bear stare always worked for me
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine
      What's that?
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine
      It's really odd that you've said that and I have to ask, do I know you from somewhere? lol Could just be an odd coincidence....
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      People who talk in the chat are your friends....meaning they are usually fish.
      :f_biggrin:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Kyle gives people outrageous rub downs in the ChatBox from time to time - it was probably him giving you sh1t.. :D