$13.86
      MP3:
      $15.32
      CO:
      $11.33
      BU (Hero):
      $14.23

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, SB folds, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.25) K, 2, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

Turn: ($6.45) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.67, Hero calls $8.67.

River: ($23.79) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.79.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kd Qh).
      BB shows two pairs, sixs and twos(6h 2h).

BB wins with two pairs, sixs and twos(6h 2h).

Villain is 20/13/4/9/71/67 (VP/PR/AGF/3-bet PF/C-bet F/C-bet T), plus he 4-bet once before from BB with 64s after my 3-bet form BU with AA, after I just called he shoved on QQJ rainbow flop.

Was line ok here. I knew his 3-bet range is wide, so I called preflop. After K showed on the flop I didn't want to let go because I thought he could do this with worse king, worse pocket pair or even any two. On turn I figured I am ahead often enough to call shove, is that ok?

Oh, I didn't want to 4-bet cause even I thought he might go crazy and push with very wide range, I wouldn't like calling there cause I don't feel very lucky in those kind of situations. Also I don't find that is +EV for me against LAGs in general.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure. Just look at your EV on the turn instead of your empty stack on the river to convince yourself of how good the turn call was.

People are microstakes tend to overdo many things, 3-betting light being one of them, so there is nothing wrong with your line at all once you know he's capable of such things.

When you move up a bit you'll start to encounter people who understand what image is, and will usually like 3-bet crap once, then if they're forced to show it down they'll wait for a hand to do it again, counting on villains to adjust too fast, which they tend to do :) Just be aware of these leveling things for the future, but in the micros, you should just never fold top pair to that guy.

Hope it helps.