[NL2-NL10] Pocket Tens

• lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      The starting hand chart says it's the right play, but with the ace on the flop I'm not so sure...

Everest - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $10.15
      SB: $10.05
      BB: $13.21
      UTG: $2.45
      UTG+1: $1.85
      MP: $1.85
      Hero (MP+1): $1.89
      CO: $2.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($1.30, 3 players) A:club: 7:spade: 9:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.49 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.49, fold

Turn: ($4.28, 2 players) Q:spade:

River: ($4.28, 2 players) 6:diamond:
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey lollujo,

preflop was good according to SHC, but on the flop you have to give up your hand, because without a made hand you only continue when you're heads-up. In multiway pots you don't have enough fold equity to make a continuation bet without a made hand profitable.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi

I normally play this kind of hands the same way you have played it. Bet with 2 opponents ( not always but most of the time) or heads up and check fold with more. I think it is profitable but maybe I have selected memory.

I have a lot of hand history. does anyone know how I could select this kind of hands in HEM and produce a graph to see if it is +ev or -ev :)

So it would be raise with pp lets say 99 - KK where A comes on flop and go all in on flop.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      oups mistake
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi

I normally play this kind of hands the same way you have played it. Bet with 2 opponents ( not always but most of the time) or heads up and check fold with more. I think it is profitable but maybe I have selected memory.

I have a lot of hand history. does anyone know how I could select this kind of hands in HEM and produce a graph to see if it is +ev or -ev :)

So it would be raise with pp lets say 99 - KK where A comes on flop and go all in on flop.
      When you play with stats and have some reads it is sometimes profitable to c-bet against 2 opponents, e.g. when you have a fish who folds alot to c-bets and a tight regular who calls pre for set value and to play against the fish and will fold every time he doesn't hit his set. On the other hand, it's best to just give up against unknown players on low limits who love to play Ax hands.

And I am not aware of any filter where you could only filter hands with one overcard on the flop when you hold a PP, but you should probably ask this in poker software section.

Regards,
      burek2000