[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQ vs bad flop, worse river, beserk calling station

• blackops888
      Here goes a strange hand. Villain was a 40/5/0 calling station who suddenly became agressive. I folded the hand on the turn and it still seems right to me, but I would appreciate your insights, people. Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.36, MP3 raises to $0.68, Hero calls $0.32.

Flop: ($1.38) 7, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.98) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 raises to $1.90, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.98.
  • 5 replies
    • blackops888
      Hey guys... this hand was pretty weird. Could we have some insight?
    • stevegold87
      I see...mmm....

Well as you say with stats like that, it's weird that he suddently 4bet the pot, do you have a HUD to know his 4bet percentage?

Personally the facct that he is passive would of made me make a CBET to know where exactly I am standing at, and then if he also raise you on the cbet you can for sure know you are beaten.

As played I don't know what I would do on the turn, probably fold also....
    • jmackenzie
      i'd 3bet alittle more say 40c-52c and shove to his 4bet p/f.
    • blackops888
      His 4-bet percentage was ah... zero. :s_confused:

Do you think it is OK to shove pre-flop with QQ against someone who barely does not raise a single hand? It makes me think that my QQ is beaten already. Almost every hand he played was limped/called.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If villain can be pissed at you for raising him all the time or something, your line is fine and you have to call it off on the turn.

Otherwise, QQ will be a dog against a 40/5's 2bet/4betting most of the time, as people who aren't playing a tight aggressive games don't tend to 4-bet with much except KK+ unless they're tilted. With those odds we have to call the 4-bet since it's very likely we'll get his stack if we flop a Q and on the off-chance he's bluffing, but I don't really mind even folding to his flop bet if I simply don't believe he's capable of showing up with worse there, which will be true of numerous loose passive players unless they're mad at you for some reason. If we shove we'll simply get called by KK+ and have his possible spazz bluffs fold, so this is no good at microstakes against loose passive guys in my opinion.

Hope it helps.