This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

QQ Preflop against nit

• AleMantovani
      AleMantovani
      Bronze
      I saw here at a quiz that if a nit re-raises the big blind and I'm after him with QQ the best decision would be folding. Do you guys agree with that?

Preflop I would only be losing to KK and AA, so I thought about reraising and folding to a bet if the flop showed an ace or a king.
  • 10 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      He's a nit for a reason!
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      A nit reraising is QQ+. Nits are often hesitant to reraise JJ or AK. Even against the range of JJ+, AK your queens are slightly behind. Fold them; save headache.

Even against TAGs; in a full ring game if a TAG raises from UTG and another TAG reraises then it is time to fold queens there too.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you mean raising in a limped pot or first in I think that against a nit you can call IP with QQ and go from there. Hope for top set or reevaluate if you have overpair or worse. Of course, this only works with a deep enough stack and an aggressive opponent.

If you mean 3betting it's an easy fold. But how can you think about 4betting a nit with anything less than AA??? Do you really think he is gonna call a 4bet and you can reevaluate on the flop?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if 3bet freq <8% over 100+ hands I fold it no questions asked.

if 3bet freq <10% over 20-30 hands I will fold until I have more information.

in regards to 4betting a nit:

3,290,592 games 2.180 secs 1,509,445 games/sec

Board:
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 44.029% 38.63% 05.61% 1271024 184488.00 { KK+, AKs }
      Hand 1: 55.971% 50.62% 05.61% 1665840 184488.00 { KK+ }

---

hes obv gonna be inclined to flat 4bets with AKs, but regardless I don't see us folding KK very often. QQ is deffo a fold though.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      FOLD
      If he has AK/KK/AA ur crushed/flipping, best case scenario you have a flip - why flip with a nit ? Just steal off him all nite, and exploit the fish :D

QQ may seem like a big hand, but agaisnt a nit, u can treat it like 22, you are crushed or flipping ! :)

Sabo :club:
    • AleMantovani
      AleMantovani
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies guys, they'll improve my game.

I've read a lot of articles and started playing a lot tighter, but still having trouble to fold preflop with TT+
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Drop it like its hot
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine
      Drop it like its hot
      Only when the pimps in the cribb... :f_cool:
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine
      Drop it like its hot
      I think we all as beginners see folding anything higher than JJ a problem... When you see enough games, your'll find it as easy as folding 72o =] =]... I have seen my fair share of QQ beat KA, however, I always feel I see A K come on the board more than any other card while at the table! [This'll probably average out, but you know what I mean, lol]

/C
    • alexgeor
      alexgeor
      Bronze
      vs nits best case scenario its a coin flip since they want reraise with anything less than QQ and this is extremely rare. So normaly at the least you expect AK.

Why flip? Fold. I dont like playing roulette with my money :D