[NL2-NL10] just curious

• joeldowey123
      I think in Hindsight this is really bad play but it won the pot! i felt preflop that he didnt play too many hands which is why i raised pre flop and c-bet the flop, Turn gave me a pair and i put him on a draw that never completed on the River.

Just curious as to what u guys think?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $9.70
      UTG: $7.44
      UTG+1: $14.69
      MP1: $19.42
      MP2: $7.07
      CO: $12.13
      BTN: $10
      Hero (SB): $10

Pre-Flop: 6:club: Q:spade: dealt to Hero (SB)
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80) J:spade: 2:club: 3:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.80) 6:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: ($4.80) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $3.60, BB raises to $7.30 and is All-In, Hero calls $3.70

Results: $19.40 Pot ($0.95 Rake)
      BB showed 7:spade: T:spade: and LOST (-$9.60 NET)
      Hero showed 6:club: Q:spade: and WON $18.45 (+$8.80 NET)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Fold preflop unless villain is really tight (which in hindsight for calling with T7s he really isn't), you'll just put yourself into too many bad spots out of position with a terrible hands against people playing a decent range of hands.

On the turn hard to say without reads, I'd probably check/call since it's such a dry flop that people will often call the c-bet with nothing in blind battle and bet the turn when checked to. If you somehow soul-read him for a draw or a weak pair it's fine to bet again for value, just be aware that you'll often be forced to check the river and have to make a decision with 2nd or 3rd pair when they bet at you. Since at these stakes people usually suck enough that they don't valuebet Jx on blank rivers, check/calling is to catch busted draws is usually fine.

River is fine, you get good odds to call it off and like I said he's never shoving Jx. Since he would probably have raised a big hand on earlier street, his line just looks like a complete spazz or exactly J9/99.

Hope it helps.