• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Check you PM's in community area. :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey <3

I'm pretty sure the answer is that it is against board rules, but I've double checked with the brass to be sure. I'll let you know when I have an answer.

Thanks for checking first. :f_love:
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      Hi guys,

im looking to sell some of my action. wondering if it was legal under ps.com T&C to advertise for a stake on my blog?

cheers
      Just out of curiosity, how would this work? Examples are fine, you don't have to give the specifics of what your deal would be... I just don't understand the concept of what you are offering and in exchange for what...
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      thanks Waiboy,

My question is a bit different i guess.
      Because i would not be posting a thread about it
      it would just be in my blog, telling people about it..

because its just in my blog, and only people that know me / interested in my game read it. would that be allowed?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      ramble: the concept is that people pay you to cover a certain % of your BIs and you pay out the winnings based on their %. basically they own a % of your bank-roll
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      thanks Waiboy,

because its just in my blog, and only people that know me / interested in my game read it. would that be allowed?
      TBH it's still advertising - just one is actively advertising, the other is passively advertising. The occassional incidental mention probably wouldn't be an issue, but any discussion or frequent reference probably would be. Still, I'll wait till I get an answer before giving you a definitive response. :f_grin:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      ramble: the concept is that people pay you to cover a certain % of your BIs and you pay out the winnings based on their %. basically they own a % of your bank-roll
      E.g.

If you play an MTT @ $100 and you've sold 10%, someone has staked you $10 of your BuyIn, then if you cash for $5000 you need to give your 'investor' $500 which equates to 10%
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      thanks Waiboy,

TBH it's still advertising - just one is actively advertising, the other is passively advertising. The occassional incidental mention probably wouldn't be an issue, but any discussion or frequent reference probably would be. Still, I'll wait till I get an answer before giving you a definitive response. :f_grin:
      ok thanks Waiboy, ill wait for u. ofc i dont want to blatently advertise. but i wouldnt mind mentioning it in like 1 sentence just so my ps.com friends and readers can see. nps ill see what the head admins say ty
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      bump.... any news?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi lessthanthree,

Waiboy has raised this with our Community Managers, please bear with us a little longer whilst we seek clarification on the issue.

It will probably be at least Mon/Tues before we are able to get back to you.

As Waiboy mentioned, we appreciate your patience and for raising this with us first.

Many thanks,

Bart
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      You know why its taking so long to get back to you right. They thought you said Steak not stake and they are having BBQ parties :)

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender
      You know why its taking so long to get back to you right. They thought you said Steak not stake and they are having BBQ parties :)

Mmmm... steak.... :f_eek: :f_love:

Just flipped the sirloin so hopefully I'll have an answer soon.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi lessthanthreee,

I can confirm that if people have to sign up through your own affiliate links get get staked, it is totally against our TOS, no doub. PS.com is also an affiliate itself, so it's not possible to allow other affiliates to advertise their business model on the boards or any other areas of the site.

Regards,
      thunder
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thunderbird56
      Hi lessthanthreee,

I can confirm that if people have to sign up through your own affiliate links get get staked, it is totally against our TOS, no doub. PS.com is also an affiliate itself, so it's not possible to allow other affiliates to advertise their business model on the boards or any other areas of the site.

Regards,
      thunder
      Ok, i understand that. I just want to say that no other affiliates will be mentioned at all. this is a private arrangement between myself and friends, the only reason i asked was to give my ps.com friends a chance at some action by mentioning it in my blog (without any outside links at all) just between 1 ps.com member to another. is this still against TOS?

sorry for the trouble.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi lessthanthreee,

From a mod point of view, any reference to staking is not allowed in the forum and we would remove threads/posts. This is what we have always previously done and would continue to do unless given different guidelines from the CM's (Community Managers).

As it is a complex issue however and covers many different aspects, Waiboy is seeking clarification on the extent and coverage etc, i.e. can we allow subtle hints or mentions of it in a blog as you've requested or off-site contact etc. etc.

The CM's appear to be in a meeting or otherwise engaged at the moment, however the boy Wai, myself or CM's will be back with a definitive response shortly.

Thanks again and don't worry, it's a good and interesting question that needed raising and clarification on ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey lessthanthree

We've had a response from HQ and they have reconfirmed that staking deals cannot be advertised on the boards. Essentially it is an effort to protect PokerStrategy members that may not be experienced or savvy enough to fully understand the risks of such deals.

Whilst I'm sure there is no ill intent on your behalf, I'm sure you can see the issues that would arise from the need to police deals if the practice becomes widespread. There are alternative siteswhere there are no restrictions on advertising such deals and I would recommend you seek those out as an alternative.

Sorry for the delay in responding as a lot of folks at HQ were tied up managing the Diamond event over the weekend. Once again thanks for seeking clarification 'cause, as Bart notes, it helps you and us gain certainty on the rules.

Waiboy.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      thanks guys no worries.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I think you have your exposure ;)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold