Running horrible none stop

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey guys, i've been playing NL 10 fr and SH for around a week now, and whatever happens it's always suckout after suckout combined with badluck....I beleive i've been playing solid but nothing seems to be going right..

Here is my graph..Tell me what you guys think

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking at my graph I am crushing the limit with skill and just losing to bad luck and running well below ev all the time. PS most hands they have been getting lucky to even be even on ev to be a flip with me...

Any comments help...Motivation would be useful, because when it comes to online poker this has always been the case for me.
  • 28 replies
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      OMG this means I am crushing the game at 13/100 just from my none showdown winnings and I AM STILL LOOSING large! WHY THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME ALL THE TIME! What the hell is going on...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Your EV is only at breakeven, so tip = improve you game. Also for now only play FR or SH, not both, cos tbh your stats wont even mean anything if its a combination of the 2 formats.

+ If this is mostly SH then its very eaisly possible to have break even stretches this long.

With that said...without stats i would have to guess, your either building pots to much with weak hands and then folding or calling to offten to fold. Your NON SD winnings are plummiting.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      HAHAHA I am a tard, I thought my none showdown winnings was the blue line... What a fool I am... So yes, there must certainly be a few leaks in my game..I am actually happy now that I realized that...jesus christ...

Here are my stats, you can tell which is sh and which is fr by looking at the av players.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2082/mystats.png

I generally tend to call raises pretty loose when I have position and try to outplay them on the flop.
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeMammuth

I generally tend to call raises pretty loose when I have position and try to outplay them on the flop.
      Don't try to outplay them, just try to beat them.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Originally posted by goldchess

Don't try to outplay them, just try to beat them.
      As ridiculous as this advice might seem, its actually great advice.
      on lower limits, up to nl25 and even vs many players at nl50, you dont need to pull crazy moves. Just stick with playing abc, hit TPs and get their maneyyy
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      When you run bad nothing helps. You basically freak out and think no way everybody is running like god vs. me. I'm about to come to a conclusion that anytime you get raised at micros you're behind.

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero ($46.83)
      BTN ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($52.82)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 4 players) Hero is CO K :club: 8 :club:
      Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: K :spade: 3 :heart: 8 :spade: ($1.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, BTN calls $1.45

Turn: Q :club: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, BTN raises to $9.50, Hero goes all-in $44.63, BTN calls $13.30

River: 5 :heart: ($72.18, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $72.18
      BTN shows
      K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero shows
      K :club: 8 :club:

BTN wins $48.35 (net +$23.35)

Hero collects $21.83 (net -$25)

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.93)
      UTG+1 ($32.43)
      CO ($27.83)
      BTN ($25)
      SB ($31.43)
      Hero ($30.05)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB A :heart: A :club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.75

Main Pot : ($5)
      Hero: +$1.89 EV (87.90%)
      SB: -$1.90 EV (12.10%)

Flop: Q :heart: 7 :spade: 6 :spade: ($5, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.45, SB raises to $15.35, Hero goes all-in $27.55, SB calls $12.20

Main Pot : ($60.10)
      Hero: +$18.99 EV (81.60%)
      SB: -$16.49 EV (18.40%)

Turn: K :club: ($60.10, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Hero: +$10.94 EV (18.20%)
      SB: +$49.16 EV (81.80%)

River: 9 :spade: ($60.10, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Hero: +$0.00 EV (0.00%)
      SB: +$60.10 EV (100.00%)

Final Pot: $60.10
      SB shows
      Q :club: K :heart:
      Hero shows
      A :heart: A :club:

SB wins $57.10 (net +$27.05)

Hero lost $30.05
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      I seem to have nothing but bad luck. Another tournament I got eliminated by crappy hands.

A 1$ 90 players deep stack SnG at Full Tilt.

60-70 hands with no great hand. I only went to the flp with J/J and 2/2 and got a triple each. Unfortunately no one followed my bet.

At one point I get K/K. I bet and get called. There were only crappy hands on the flop. I bet and get called. Another crappy card. I bet once again and see another crappy hand. I don't bet and the other player doesn't either. What do I see? He had A/4 suited and won because of the 3 spades on the table.

At the end I was short stack (45 players left) and went all in with an A/5 suited. What do I get called with? 6/2 suited. Then the idiot gets a full house.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I will just try and stick to simple abc poker from now on and see how it goes. No more calling loose wih position and no more floating I guess.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      I don't think floating at NL10 can be very profitable..
    • scottyboii
      scottyboii
      Bronze
      The odds of you hitting the flush were not worth you calling all in anyway surely?
      Was more bad play than bad luck imo :)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      HAHAHA I am a tard, I thought my none showdown winnings was the blue line... What a fool I am... So yes, there must certainly be a few leaks in my game..I am actually happy now that I realized that...jesus christ...

Here are my stats, you can tell which is sh and which is fr by looking at the av players.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2082/mystats.png

Hey, had a look at you're stats, this is what i think:

The things i first notice about your FR game are you seem to play pritty losse for NL10, so maybe tightening up a little in eairly/Middle posistion? Your PFR also seems pritty low in comparrison to your VP$IP. Also what hands are you 3betting from what posistions? Your 3bet% is very low, so id guess AA KK and ocasionally AK? I've only just come back to poker after a 2 month break but before hand my FR 3bet% was between 5% and 6%. 4%+ should really be the minimum for FR imo. All my advice seems to also link in with the fact your aggressive factor been low, this should really be about 3.00-4.00, so i think generally speaking tighten up abit and be more aggressive, ie call less raise more.

SH i carnt comment on atm because you seem to only have aprox 4000 hands.
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      I think I'll stop poker. I'm really pissed that I get kicked out of every tournament by crappy cards. I have the impression that on low buy-in tables it's always the crappiest players who get the biggest stacks. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother following PokerStrategy's poker rues of playing a tight game if I never get a reward for it but always lose to idiots.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dumbledork
      I think I'll stop poker. I'm really pissed that I get kicked out of every tournament by crappy cards. I have the impression that on low buy-in tables it's always the crappiest players who get the biggest stacks. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother following PokerStrategy's poker rues of playing a tight game if I never get a reward for it but always lose to idiots.
      Have you not heard the saying: Winners are those that never quite, whilst lossers just quit?

How long have you been playing for? It took me about 6-7months before i started winning long term.

MTT's/S&G are also super high varriance so if you prone to getting anoyed at the frequency you bust maybe just stick to cash games? I know it might be a sucky suggestion, but maybe you stick to NL2 FR for a lengtlhy period of time? Then money is like meaningless so if you just concerntrate on just having fun? Because thats the most important thing, is to enjoy playing. It's quite difficult to get deppresed or what ever lossing such small amounts as 20BI would like be a standard quite night out.

Emphesis making correct dessions over making money and before you know it you'll be winning =) You have to stop caring about the results though, as from what i've seen all your sarmples are small, so it could just be varriance and if thats the case you surley dont want to quite just because of that? If so good luck in the fucher.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      ^^^ I take back the sarmple bit, thought you where origional poster...opps. The rest still holds true though ^^^
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      Yeah, I will continue. After all, it's only the 50 $ from PokerStrategy I play with. It's not like it's my own money. But still, it is frustrating when you play a tight game, waiting for good cards (which come maybe once or twice in 70 hands) and see all the idiots amass a wealth of chips by playing K/5 or A/7

I just now played another tournament. Finished 70 (of 90). What happened. No good cards so far. I'm big blind with A/8 and the chip leader calls. We are the only two in the game.

Flop: A/10/8. I have two pairs. I bet a good amount and the chip leader goes all in. I knew that he takes a lot of risks when he has top pair. So I guessed A/K or something like that.

What did he have? A/10.

*Sigh*
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      at these limits its pretty much abc stuff, get a good hand and stack the fish, most of the regs are multitabling and playing ABC , very rarley they make moves on you, these regs can be exploited, all in all if you get played back at your normally behind

i got some good advice at these stakes it was, keep value betting and fold when you get raised, that alone will win you money
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      I looked value betting up. Seems to be rather complicated. What's the best way to use the technique?
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      you think you have the best hand so you bet to get value from it, your looking to get called by a worse hand, if you think by the texture of the board that you will only be called by a better hand then theres not much point in betting, if you think its very close that you will be called be either then you can bet, this is called thin value,
    • Dumbledork
      Dumbledork
      Bronze
      Okay. I'll try it out at the Partypoker freerolls that will start soon.