Hero (SB): $43.95
      BB: $11.37
      UTG: $35.75
      UTG+1: $32.73
      UTG+2: $11.74
      MP1: $8.75
      MP2: $71.83

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: A :heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.90, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.50) A :spade: 9 :club: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.50) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.09, MP2 calls $3.09

River: ($12.68) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.02, MP2 raises to $15.05, Hero calls $9.03

I should have enough equity to call a river check/raise here with 4:1 pot odds right? My guess is he often raises sets turn and he can sometimes take this line with AK, sometimes worse Ax and missed draws. I expect A6 to give up turn so I don't have to worry about rivered two-pair either.

Villain;

• 7 replies
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      It could be a set IMO.

You took the initiative on the turn, so he might think he can get more value just calling.

I don't see any small Ax + draw. What draw? Can't be the FD cause the A :spade: is at the board.
      + does he need to turn Ax into a bluff?

I think KQ :spade: is possible.

Do you have any reads? Stats?
      (my internet is blocking some images, so sorry if you did post some sort of stats)
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      I dont TP is ever any good here, id expect him to have minimum two pair but most likely a set or even 78s. But i dont think 1 pair is good.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      don't choose a river betsize without thinking about what you do if he shoves!

thinking that he'll give up A6 on the turn is ridiculous. think about it....

who would ever cbet and the fold to a turn donkbet with a A6 there? (except you :D )

and KX and Ax will obviously never bluff here
      (Kx might bluff at a higher limit, dunno about Ax)

i think you should bet bigger on the turn. there are loads of hands he can call with, Ax, draws(KJss, QJss, 76ss, etc). then on the river...? maybe that makes the river decision too tough, not sure.

as played, it's a clear fold
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      I don't see any point in check/calling flop and leading turn AND river.The turn on lead is superiour as he will 100% call with his draws that you will miss value from but he will also call probably A6 but i don't think you should worry about it that much.I think you should check/call river since only a made hand can call,yes of course there are 12030 hands that are made and worst than yours but he might also bet him and also he will bet probably with missed draws and you won't get in such a tough spot where you are DEAD against his min river raise.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by santostr
      Well done. This is almost what he had, Yes I posted stats, just your images not being displayed :p
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by santostr
      Well done. This is almost what he had, Yes I posted stats, just your images not being displayed :p

glad to see there are still such players which feed us :D :D :D :D
      KJ/KT min raising river this is a new revolution in poker
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      standard play would be b/f river or maybe c/c to induce bets from worse hands
      But from time to time someone decides to turn their missed draws into bluff and raise river seeing half potsize bet
      I think KQss would likely not do that since it has showdown value. To b/c river you should have reason that player can raise there as bluff. I you don´t have it then fold is better